Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

aEZtZxU.jpg

Yep, it's always best to be self-contained with British railways Barrett. I'd like to tell you that kind of announcement is rare, but it really isn't :rolleyes: Sometimes it's the driver who has boarded the wrong train! :eek: The food and beverages are rotten and ridiculously over-priced, so I try and take my own whenever possible. The 'British Rail sandwich' used to be a national joke here, to the extent that, decades after they abolished British Rail, people still reference the sandwiches. I heard someone make just such a joke yesterday! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
I'm afraid we have the same problem this side of the Channel...:(:(

I'm afraid we have the same problem this side of the Channel...:(:(

Really JP? That's a shame :( Have you ever been on the Spanish Talgo? Not particularly fast for a long-distance train, but I have always found the buffet car quaint and pleasant :)

When I was young, twice a year with my Grand parents we took a Pullmann in the Orient-Express to Budapest or Belgrad. The CIWL restaurant car WAS a restaurant. :thumbsup:

Something different this evening. I do not drink a lot of wine, but sometimes, especially when cooler weather starts to set in, I like to imbibe. I'm particularly fond of deep dark reds like cabernets and pinot noirs but this dark red blend is very rich and drinkable.

I think it pairs nicely with this blood red #25.

VXbuGj7.jpg

Jack, LOL! :D

Chores being finished it's r&r time:

3roLneTh.jpg

This is the third beer I've tried from Alpine and they've all been very good. The Grinling and I are about to have our first whittling session together.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hope you had a great whittling session my friend :) :thumbsup:

Viking! That explains the zoomorphic interlacing. If it tastes as good as it looks, I may have to find some.

Yeah, they've gone to town with the Viking imagery! :D I guess, since it's from Orkney, it's not misplaced ;) Though I like the Islay malts most of all, Highland Park is a long-time favourite of mine, and often surprisingly good value here. I generally dislike the idea of all these new marketed malt blends, but this one is certainly a tasty tipple :) :thumbsup:

Islays are the peatier ones?
But I must stop chatterboxing and get out my indian clubs before I gain back my lost weight.

Back