Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

TEW 2-blade Barlow in MOP, made by Russell White

TEW%20MOP%20Barlow_1.jpg

TEW%20MOP%20Barlow.jpg

strokednbored strokednbored good luck fighting off the flu. I know those annual performance reviews are a pain, but I’ve always deeply appreciated it when my managers take them seriously, as I am sure you do, and give me constructive feedback to help me be my best.

Chui Chui I hope you’re feeling better soon. I’d always thought G&T was more to ward off malaria than to beat down the flu, but I applaud your willingness to innovate. :D

It’s coffee in an adult sippy cup for me this afternoon:

7hVh5S3h.jpg

I suspect there’s a garden gnome hiding in that redwood log and there’s only one way to find out....

TEW 2-blade Barlow in MOP, made by Russell White

TEW%20MOP%20Barlow_1.jpg

TEW%20MOP%20Barlow.jpg

And some exceptional file-work on view there :thumbsup:

G&T is always refreshing and invigorating , funny that Gin has become quite the trendy drink. An old gardener I used to work with drank it neat, no ice.....bit too much for me:eek::D

Regards, Will

Thanks for the well wishes, but i should have chosen my words a bit better. haha.

I'm still in the preemptive strike stage: Not sick - and doing everything i can from catching it from all those who are around me who are!
Lots of citrus, hot tea with lemon, and single malts from the highlands to burn out anything the first two don't get!

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway
Performance Reviews: Many hours of painstaking care and deliberation goes into what sometimes taken with a grain of salt, but more often than not is viewed as a path and roadmap for success that people will respond well to. In my mind, it's the most important thing I do all year and i'm working on instilling that in some new supervisors that work for me as well.

Last edited:
strokednbored strokednbored - ah, very glad to hear you’ve not succumbed to the lurghi proper.......if that helps keep it at bay, brilliant :thumbsup:

Cheers Will Power Will Power - am more or less over it now. Just occasionally, the desire for a summery G&T, despite the dull grey Brit weather, manages to lift the spirits, forgive the pun. When feeling ill, nowt worse than being ill too.

Some people find Gin to be a bit of a downer........guess it is if you drink too many! Yes, very fashionable drink now, overtaken Vodka by a good stretch - interesting though, many people are surprised that Gin is simply naturally flavoured Vodka...

7hVh5S3h.jpg

I suspect there’s a garden gnome hiding in that redwood log and there’s only one way to find out....

ZmeLQGPh.jpg

Earl Grey seems an appropriate pair with the Thwitle.
That's an incredible redwood transformation in fewer than 24 hours, Greg!!! :eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:
I don't think I've ever tried a carving/whittling project that wouldn't fit in a jacket pocket! ;)

- GT

That's an incredible redwood transformation in fewer than 24 hours, Greg!!! :eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:
I don't think I've ever tried a carving/whittling project that wouldn't fit in a jacket pocket! ;)
Thanks GT! I'd never tried anything this big either, nor had I worked with redwood.

That progress was made almost entirely with a carving hatchet. In fact, I embarked on this project as a way to improve my hatchet skills, figuring it would help my spoon carving. I'm struggling a bit with the knives on this piece of wood. Carving with the grain works well, but across grain is quite hard. I've put it aside for a couple of days to clear my head and ponder the best way to tackle it. I'm guessing that might be a series of alternations between the knife and hatchet, each opening up space for the next round of the other's work. (If anyone has experience with this sort of thing and would like to share some insights, please PM me.)

Edited to add: enjoying some herbal tea with an Old Timer as I wind down for the evening.

iJQx4Uph.jpg

Last edited:
Back