Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Oh there y go I just the at thing in front of the name. Duuur.
Is that the same as hashtag?
20180702_153314.jpg

Despite the word pomegranate this Yankee brew is very tasty.
Wondering if our forum knife Elk will look as good as my #12

Yes, but Michigan Fahrenheits are taller than Yorkshire Fahrenheits, so we still are hotter than you.

:D :thumbsup:

JB man o the dales Nice to see the orange fnf slicing it's way through those tough British strawberries.
I hope they were as tasty as they look.

LOL! :D Even had me Aussie wes'kit on! :D They were mate, I bought them locally. I brought the sorbet in a food flask, it stayed frozen, but as soon as I opened the flask, it started melting pretty fast. Not as fast as it got eaten though! :D I often take the Bullnose out hiking, great knife, and easily spotted. I took a few pics of it on Saturday, but every one was out of focus (was hard to see the camera screen)! o_O

IMG_2997S.JPG

GEC Bullnose 5-9S.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a beautiful day there JB.
Balmy 8 degC here at the mo.
Best strawbs Ive ever had were in glaaak glaaaqh New Zealand.
Don't forget the sunscreen.

It just registered that you're hiking in the dust with extra clothes and a backpack at 99.3F. I wouldn't have been there without Kate Bush and an air-conditioned punt.

LOL! :D Mad dogs and Englishmen...;) :D :thumbsup:

In Australia
We have temperatures in excess of
99.3 deg C.!!
Thank heavens I don't visit the Port Kembla coke ovens often.

The hottest place I've ever been was the sugar room at Whitbread's brewery. The sugar was kept in a liquid state by the temperature of the room. There was no reason for anyone to go in there, but it was worth experiencing the incredible heat - briefly and very carefully! I imagine you've been in a few hot-spots yourself mate :thumbsup:

Looks like a beautiful day there JB.
Balmy 8 degC here at the mo.
Best strawbs Ive ever had were in glaaak glaaaqh New Zealand.
Don't forget the sunscreen.

It was :) Best strawbs I ever tasted were the ones me and my mates rustled as kids! :D :thumbsup:

Surely those strawbs were "scrumped" @JackBlack.
Actually I tell a lie.
The best ones were some Hokowasa strawbs I grew in my garden (back when I was allowed ) a Japanese variety.Only small but full of flavour.

Marbles? Very cool, but no doubt suppressed now due to health&safety,anti terror and non PC constraints :D:D:eek:

Blood Alley anybody?:cool: That could be a name for a new hipster beer...there again it doesn't ring very vegan:eek::p

Marbles? Very cool, but no doubt suppressed now due to health&safety,anti terror and non PC constraints :D:D:eek:

Blood Alley anybody?:cool: That could be a name for a new hipster beer...there again it doesn't ring very vegan:eek::p

No doubt Will! :eek: We'll not even mention conkers! :D :thumbsup:

Or playing jacks! :rolleyes:

True! :D The activities of the early criminal gangs in nineteenth century Sheffield (and elsewhere) centred on the rather innocent game of Pitch & Toss! :rolleyes:

GN4_DAT_7757159.jpg--remembering_old_clonmel___and_avoiding_the_rozzers_at_the_pitch_and_toss_school.jpg

I dare say that a few of our Transatlantic friends will be easing themselves into the Fourth of July celebrations a little early, so I thought I'd join them! ;) :D Cheers folks, have a great US Independence Day! :) :thumbsup:

2018 Guardians Lambsfoot Horn & Ebony 1-2.JPG

A ballad written by Sheffield poet and filesmith Joseph Mather, and popular at the time of the War of Independence.

God Save Great Thomas Paine

God save great Thomas Paine,
His ‘Rights of Man’ explain
To every soul.
He makes the blind to see
What dupes and slaves they be,
And points out liberty,
From pole to pole.

Thousands cry ‘Church and King’
That well deserve to swing,
All must allow:
Birmingham blush for shame,