Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I tried a new whiskey this week, Old Forester 100 pr. Rye. For those who care about such things (I do!) it has a very interesting and unusual mash bill of 65% rye, 20% barley malt and 15% corn. RALF and I are well pleased with our new acquaintance!

NsKv1GY.jpg

I tried a new whiskey this week, Old Forester 100 pr. Rye. For those who care about such things (I do!)
Me to! Thanks for posting. I just got off a long Michigan craft beer ride and now I'm extremely into Kentucky straight bourbon. My neighborhood store is the barrel pick king around here as well. I grabbed this tonight and they're almost gone. He has 2 versions from 2 different warehouses. This one is very good! A little pricey but worth it.

CTWrrm7.jpg

Shock, I like everything I've ever tried from Old Forester.

That's good to know. I'm currently running through all the standards and this has been one of my favorites so far. I definitely am going to check out the rest of their line up. I may go back tomorrow to see if he's got the other warehouse still but he was down to a handful left.

I tried a new whiskey this week, Old Forester 100 pr. Rye. For those who care about such things (I do!) it has a very interesting and unusual mash bill of 65% rye, 20% barley malt and 15% corn. RALF and I are well pleased with our new acquaintance!

Me to! Thanks for posting. I just got off a long Michigan craft beer ride and now I'm extremely into Kentucky straight bourbon. My neighborhood store is the barrel pick king around here as well. I grabbed this tonight and they're almost gone. He has 2 versions from 2 different warehouses. This one is very good! A little pricey but worth it.

Thanks for the Rye tip. I like the Old Forester line and have had several, all very satisfying. My local watering hole tried some of the higher end OF and they didn't sell well (it's not a trendy bar). The manager put the two remaining bottles (Signature 100° and Single Barrel) aside for me at rail pricing. I had Manhattans and straights for a month. Oh, and some knife content:

wjBOkq8.jpg

Primble and Dickel just rolls off the tongue, figuratively and literally.

- Stuart

Yes, both are. Somehow the 2 dot granddaddy didn't make the family photo (probably out behind the house smoking a cigar)
Wow and wow. And please! Take a pic of the 2 dot smoking a cigar. :D

The pipe is one of my favorites, it has the coolest smoke and doesn't "ghost". I can smoke any blend without it imparting its flavor to the bowl and potentially tainting the next blend I might try. Easy to clean to, just toss in the fire and let it burn away the residue.
That really is a super cool pipe and one I would think would be a very literally cool smoke. Interesting about "throw it in the fire".

I know, I know, another hazy IPA
You sir are the man. Nobody else even comes close in the sheer number of diverse disparate distinctly & diametrically different decent and indecent docile and devilish both delicious and undoubtedly horrid....................................beverages. :cool:

Wow and wow. And please! Take a pic of the 2 dot smoking a cigar. :D

That really is a super cool pipe and one I would think would be a very literally cool smoke. Interesting about "throw it in the fire".

You sir are the man. Nobody else even comes close in the sheer number of diverse disparate distinctly & diametrically different decent and indecent docile and devilish both delicious and undoubtedly horrid....................................beverages. :cool:

This gets my vote for Best Post of the Night.
- Stuart

Stuart, that Dickel No. 12 is the best of the Tennessee whiskeys, and so affordable!
And to round out the post, a Tennessee green bone Fight'n Rooster.

I, obviously, agree and thank you for the fine appraisal. That green stockman is pretty special, Jeff. Thanks for sharing it. I am confirmed to be on good terms with the Tennessee Highway Patrol (but NC or VA, ??).
- Stuart

Back