Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

sUW0bBk.jpg

The Spartan goes with the glass (both souvenirs I bought today at the Shiner Brewery), and the Tinker goes with the beer. Shiner and Karbach are both Texas beers. "Crawford Bock" is a pun. For those that are not familiar with the Astros' ballpark, there is some seating out in left field called "the Crawford Boxes." They run parallel with Crawford Street in downtown Houston where the ballpark is located.

sUW0bBk.jpg

The Spartan goes with the glass (both souvenirs I bought today at the Shiner Brewery), and the Tinker goes with the beer. Shiner and Karbach are both Texas beers. "Crawford Bock" is a pun. For those that are not familiar with the Astros' ballpark, there is some seating out in left field called "the Crawford Boxes." They run parallel with Crawford Street in downtown Houston where the ballpark is located.
Never even heard of Karbach...Texas is definitely it's own country.

Cambertree Cambertree I think in this country the ratio of decent knife shops is inversely proportional to the proximity of the closest.
city
ie..the further out in the bush you get ,the more likely they will have some good knives.

Yeah, definitely!:thumbsup:

Thanks, fellas. It was very nice, and only a buck or so more than the 86 proof.
Had this today:
NkMHzJU.jpg

Will post more about the brewery visit later in the lounge.

Cool pic and I enjoyed the write up in the lounge, Vince.:thumbsup:

tYMWJCf.jpg

We’ve had a few chilly evenings here, so I thought a nice warming stout would be in order.

Then the sun came out.:rolleyes:

It’s a hard life...:D

It is a travesty that this thread is 3 pages back, I couldn't believe that I had to go hunt it down!

A wee bit of bourbon for me this evening.

Q0xjkVm.jpg

Excellent taste sir. Big fan of a good wheated bourbon. Unfortunately Weller has become popular on recent years and is a bit scarce. I've yet to even find a bottle in the wild since the label change.

Thankfully I got a few bottles of special reserve and antique stashed away!!

sUW0bBk.jpg

I believe I have that Shiner glass PJ, I will have to check. However do you have this one? Mother Earth is a good one from Eastern NC.
at3xcoK.jpg

I believe I have that Shiner glass PJ, I will have to check. However do you have this one? Mother Earth is a good one from Eastern NC.
at3xcoK.jpg
Don't have that glass yet. My wife bought one that had old photos of the brewery on it, and my daughter got a shot glass.
Hadn't heard of that beer. There are so many around now that weren't when I was younger. And some old ones are gone, like Jax and Stroh's and Michelob.

Back