Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Oersoep, a Dutch brewery that uses wild yeast in a lot of beers.
I don't know many Dutch words, but I recognized "soep" as Dutch for "soup". Out of curiosity, I went to an online translator, and got a good laugh! :D:D Mark, am I right that the name of the brewery can be translated as "Primordial Soup"??

- GT

I don't know many Dutch words, but I recognized "soep" as Dutch for "soup". Out of curiosity, I went to an online translator, and got a good laugh! :D:D Mark, am I right that the name of the brewery can be translated as "Primordial Soup"??

- GT
You're right with the translation GT:D I don't know how you would use 'primordial', but 'oer' is also used as stereotypical / how it should or used to be as well as mother of all soups :p

The funny thing is they already used this name before they started brewing in an old soup factory.

A few from this weekend :) Hope everyone is having a good one :) :thumbsup:

79a4FDL.jpg

yUOKNTH.jpg

IUKd4ny.jpg

ggSWKnC.jpg

13a72ms.jpg

TzYdsr3.jpg

mtqFSk2.jpg

You're right with the translation GT:D I don't know how you would use 'primordial', but 'oer' is also used as stereotypical / how it should or used to be as well as mother of all soups :p

The funny thing is they already used this name before they started brewing in an old soup factory.
That is comical that they now use an old soup factory, Mark! :p
Here's a definition for "primordial soup": a solution rich in organic compounds in the primitive oceans of the earth, from which life is hypothesized to have originated.
Sort of the mother of all life. ;) Oersoep brews beer from which life arises!

I'll bet the Dutch "oer" must be related to the "ur" used in English to mean original or primitive or earliest, as in "urtext" and "ur-civilization". "Ur" is German, I think.

- GT

Thank you for the kind words @WhittlinAway. I'll find out tomorrow if my 4 legged furry friend needs ACL surgery or not.
In the mean time I did some work for my sister today and refused cash payment. My brother in law is a pilot and flies private so I was able to score some of these. I'm hanging out with Charlie's last knife in anticipation(and hope) of his new one.

JJ8NqnT.jpg

Thank you for the kind words @WhittlinAway. I'll find out tomorrow if my 4 legged furry friend needs ACL surgery or not.
In the mean time I did some work for my sister today and refused cash payment. My brother in law is a pilot and flies private so I was able to score some of these. I'm hanging out with Charlie's last knife in anticipation(and hope) of his new one.

JJ8NqnT.jpg
If you just had the knife with the bottles it would look huge!

First time all weekend we didn’t have somewhere to be or something to do. Decided to take full advantage. @Shock, good luck with your furry friend. Hoping for the best.

Attachments

• 509C2627-3F6B-49E8-8E11-C98E93BF0408.jpeg
    509C2627-3F6B-49E8-8E11-C98E93BF0408.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 10
How about a traditional knife (rosewood lambsfoot, A. Wright & Son, Sheffield--thanks, Taylor!) with a traditional beer?
Q9QXYcC.jpg

From Holland. Since 1615.
(Only thing I don't like about it is the EU 11.2 oz bottle, cheating me of .8 oz!)
Consider yourself lucky, here we went from 33cl to 30cl (11.2 oz to 10.1 oz) :rolleyes::poop:

And that's a great glass you have :thumbsup::cool:

That is comical that they now use an old soup factory, Mark! :p
Here's a definition for "primordial soup": a solution rich in organic compounds in the primitive oceans of the earth, from which life is hypothesized to have originated.
Sort of the mother of all life. ;) Oersoep brews beer from which life arises!

I'll bet the Dutch "oer" must be related to the "ur" used in English to mean original or primitive or earliest, as in "urtext" and "ur-civilization". "Ur" is German, I think.

- GT
Ah yes, the Dutch Wikipedia page of primordial soup is titled oersoep. Nice :)

Back