Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Very nice looking knife, love the tapered tang... who made it? Looks like EGTalley, but I can't find anything when goobering that...

Eldon Talley will come back with some links. He makes a nice knife. I got that City Knife from an online dealer I can't mention.

jpVFJxZh.jpg

Coffee (soda) break with today's new arrival.

Forgot to post this last night. Kim's new Kamp King doing work. I don't know if other parts of the country have these Mexican Cokes, but y'all are missing out if you don't.
View attachment 1183243

Yup! They taste the way Coke used to taste before the New Coke fiasco and the subsequent switch to corn syrup when they introduced Coca Cola Classic. And, there’s no better way to drink a a Coke than straight out of a glass bottle. :thumbsup:

Yup! They taste the way Coke used to taste before the New Coke fiasco and the subsequent switch to corn syrup when they introduced Coca Cola Classic. And, there’s no better way to drink a a Coke than straight out of a glass bottle. :thumbsup:
Amen! I think I'll buy me one today. I'd like to buy the world a Coke! It's the real thing! ;)

The very best time I had a Coke out of a bottle I was 200 miles from civilization at a little mountain village in Vietnam and Momma-son was selling coke in a bottle. I bought it for 100 piasters and enjoyed every last drop. Yep, nothing quite like a Coke when it is 120 degrees in the shade. But go figure, wonder where that Coke came from. My squad and I just couldn't believe it. Now that's a classic.
Enjoyed your picture and I could probably shoot one like that too with my Blue Yeti and Humpback when it arrives today. I'm looking forward to the mail man showing up and hoping he doesn't stick my mail in the wrong box like he sometimes does.

Last edited:
Thanks! I agree, even on Delrin, their jigging was great. Some day I'd love to track down one of these in their sublime peach seed bone.

Agreed on both counts. They did such a great job with their jigged Delrin. I actually thought the little 808 below was bone until I started to clean it up. Just finished these two early this morning. Hence one more cup of coffee ha ha ha. Had to include a Before pic of the 834. Both of these from the flea/estate sale.
20190824_084232 sized 30.jpg
20190823_172346 sized 30.jpg

I returned from vacation a week ago, but I want to post another pic of a "vacation beer" from Keweenaw Brewing. This one has no mining connections of which I'm aware, but plays on the Northern Lights. It's a "coffee infused amber ale" called Borealis brōō - I enjoyed it. I couldn't "wake up and smell the coffee" ;), but I could taste it. :thumbsup::cool:
RRscrimcanoe.borealis.jpg
RRscrimcanoe.borealis.label.jpg

- GT

Back