Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

- dang, José........! Look what you made me go do...

Inbound: View attachment 1448154

Intriguing! Never heard of that one.

20201103-215536.jpg

All the Cracks
Had gathered
To the fray.
Had a visit from some old buddies for a few days...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Love that Tennessee Whiskey!

Refreshing South Coast IPA ...
20201108-140245.jpg

the young Maggies I feed bits of meat to are
curious birds ...unlike the one who lives in the bush right near @BigNilesBrewingCompany...its on nesting mode and highly territorial...as I rode in on my mtb the other day I got a fairly solid peck on my bike helmet...they are like kamikaze.

Well, October has been over for more than a week, but I realized I never posted the results of my "American Oktoberfest Showdown"! :rolleyes: I'm gonna do that now. (Better late than never, and if I can find Oktoberfest beer when I get groceries tomorrow, I'm gonna stock up on some that I can savor through the holidays! :thumbsup:;):cool:)

I like Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest best of all the American versions I'm comparing here:
sierranevada.oktfest.RRfish.jpg

A close second, in my opinion, but definitely not quite up to Sierra Nevada standards, is Leinenkugel Oktoberfest. It tastes really good to me, and it's probably the one that is easiest for me to find in local stores, appearing in early August and often lasting until mid-November on the shelves.
leinie.oktfest.imp.BSA.white.jpg

New to me this year was Founders Oktoberfest. Founders is a local brewery and I like many of their offerings. The Oktoberfest is good, but there's some kind of unexpected, but not bad, aftertaste that makes it a step behind the previous two IMHO:
founders.oktoberfest.RRfoldinghunter.jpg

Bell's is another Michigan brewery (about 60 miles from where I live), and their Octoberfest is pretty good, but not quite up to the taste of the others listed so far:
bell's.octfest.impKK.jpg

Finally, Sam Adams Octoberfest is a solid choice, very drinkable, but I think I'd rather have Sam Adams Boston Lager than his Octoberfest!
samadams.octoberfest.imp.toothpick.jpg

YMMV! ;):D

- GT

Back