Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Half of the Corona was sacrificed to the beer can chicken I'm grilling today.

8lteoqMh.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

162877b9c5ef47caa8fbdb838984e475.jpg

Enjoying this brew. While I get all the ingredients for some homemade sushi ready!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Enjoying some down time in the backyard. Found this can tucked away in the back of the fridge. It's well past its best-by date, but still satisfying and refreshing.

defce42c1c10e9a979a56e6d9381fd3c.jpg

Been away for the better part of the month. Nice to finally have a few days off. Good friend of mine is moving back to LA after a few decades on the west coast. We made sure to send him off correctly.

Looking forward to catching up-

Welcome back StoneBeard. It's good to see you 'round these parts, my friend.

That looks like quite a send-off feast and I'm sure your handsome beer barrel oak BSK was more than up to the challenge. How was the Tropical Torpedo?

StoneBeard, I'm also glad to see you back. As WhittlinAway asked already, How was that Tropical Torpedo...it has been enticing me lately.

Welcome back StoneBeard. It's good to see you 'round these parts, my friend.

That looks like quite a send-off feast and I'm sure your handsome beer barrel oak BSK was more than up to the challenge. How was the Tropical Torpedo?

StoneBeard, I'm also glad to see you back. As WhittlinAway asked already, How was that Tropical Torpedo...it has been enticing me lately.

Thanks fellas! It's great to be back and have some time to catch up. I have always liked Sierra Nevada's beers and found they make great classic styles that are always enjoyable. I was happy to see them branch out with the heavy demand of East Coast IPA's and take an already successful beer and add a few additions to shake up the flavor profile without it being something completely new. Tropical Torpedo is an enjoyable beer, especially on a hot day and one I'd definitely drink again.

Split this one last evening after dinner. Seeing as how it's from Georgia I probably won't find another, but it was excellent if you like tart. It was also nice to give the Lambsfoot some pocket time after carying the #71 almost exclusively for a good spell.

Split this one last evening after dinner. Seeing as how it's from Georgia I probably won't find another, but it was excellent if you like tart. It was also nice to give the Lambsfoot some pocket time after carying the #71 almost exclusively for a good spell.

That Tart Plum Saison sounds amazing. I do enjoy a Sierra Nevada brew as well, they introduced me to "fancy beer," when I was in college and had the extra money to spare. I will have to get some of the Tropical Torpedo to try for myself, sounds like its something I would enjoy.

Woah, Buzz. I've seen you post that beer before, but I don't recall seeing that scout. It looks great. Mind telling a bit about it?

98e835f6b5396d851d605917e27b17dd.jpg

I'm sipping a Gin Old Fashioned made with "a uniquely Californian Gin with a sense of place and poetry, inspired by the wild beauty of the Golden State" as I wait for the new Yosemite documentary to air on the local PBS station this evening.

98e835f6b5396d851d605917e27b17dd.jpg

I'm sipping a Gin Old Fashioned made with "a uniquely Californian Gin with a sense of place and poetry, inspired by the wild beauty of the Golden State" as I wait for the new Yosemite documentary to air on the local PBS station this evening.

You are speaking my language Greg :thumbup: The documentary and drink both sound like the makings for a great evening and are a fitting match for the yellow camillus. I'm curious as to if the draught and fire hazards throughout Yosemite mentioned in the description have changed due to the 200% above average snowfall this year.

Had a friend recently give me a six pack of this from a local brewery and finally decided to crack one open.
2017-03-29_08-57-43 by Daniel Pfeiffer, on Flickr

I'm partial to milk stouts and that one sounds awesome! How did you like it? The amber stag on your Queen looks great:thumbup:

I enjoyed this one from Modern Times this evening. outstanding double IPA-

I'm partial to milk stouts and that one sounds awesome! How did you like it? The amber stag on your Queen looks great:thumbup:

Thanks, I've always liked streaky horn like that too.:cool:

It was pretty good. It has a nice balance of sweetness and bitterness along with the slight chocolate flavor.

StoneBeard, I have been wanting to try that stuff! Super Jealous. I'm supposed to be getting some of Drakes new Hazy IPA they released on the 14th.

You are speaking my language Greg :thumbup: The documentary and drink both sound like the makings for a great evening and are a fitting match for the yellow camillus. I'm curious as to if the draught and fire hazards throughout Yosemite mentioned in the description have changed due to the 200% above average snowfall this year.

Thanks. The documentary was well done and had beautiful footage of Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. I think it must have finished filming last year because it didn't mention this season's rain or snow.

That looks like quite a beer! Your lambsfoot goes nicely with the artwork on the can. :thumbup:

StoneBeard, I have been wanting to try that stuff! Super Jealous. I'm supposed to be getting some of Drakes new Hazy IPA they released on the 14th.

I usually will pick up at least a four pack of MT new IPA releases, but was away working when this one dropped. Of course, just like many SFO's it was sold out relatively quickly. I am lucky to have some considerate friends and one of them gave me this can. I wish I had been able to pick up more as Dinosaur World may be the best IPA that MT has done since they opened their doors.

That Drakes Hazy should be a very solid beer. Looking back through some of the pages I missed while away you have had some pretty awesome beverages ( and blades) lately. What would you say currently is your favorite in both fields and what places them above all others?

Thanks. The documentary was well done and had beautiful footage of Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. I think it must have finished filming last year because it didn't mention this season's rain or snow.

That looks like quite a beer! Your lambsfoot goes nicely with the artwork on the can. :thumbup:

Thanks Greg :thumbup: the lines on both the Lambsfoot and can(yon) artwork compliment each other well. The IPA was great and I hope they put another larger round through production or make it a regular release so more people can enjoy it.

I'm glad to hear the documentary was well done and that you enjoyed it. I'm hoping to watch the full documentary online now that it has aired on TV. I'd say you are most likely correct as to the filming and release of the project. I would imagine that it takes quite some time from when it is filmed to when it is released. Hopefully this years rain and snow have eleviated some of the problems that they addressed with both fire hazards and water supplies. I'm happy that CA finally got some much needed rain and snow but My fingers are crossed that we get a break and the sun shines enough to open the high Sierra trails and Northern passes to foot traffic without the need for excessive mountaineering gear.

Back