BF Native - Boy, Am I Ticked Off!!!

Just received my BF Native yesterday, and after playing with it for an evening, I am REALLY ticked! Just when I thought I was getting to be adequate at putting an edge on a blade, this thing comes along and boosts my definition of "sharp" to another level!

Fiddling around, I discovered that not only do hairs JUMP off my arm to get away from the blade, but this knife is sharp enough split the thickness of pieces of paper (think of filleting a piece of paper).

The fit and finish are outstanding, the lock-up is tight, and even my 10-year-old son handled the BF Native and my standard Native back to back and said, "This blue one is a much better knife, isn't it?"

The Mike Shastre-made neck sheath is a great fit on both my Natives, and looks really cool, too!

My sincere thanks go out to all involved in this project. It was worth the wait.

Whitebear
AKA Tony King

------------------
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes bleed the hand that uses it.
-Rabindranath Tagore

Hehe... for a while there, you had me fooled..
smile.gif

Geez, now I'm counting the days before I get my BF Native as well. God knows what I do to sharp objects!! lol...

Dan

Talk about pucker factor, everytime I see one of these posts, I cringe.

Glad you like your knife, Tony!

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

I've had my BF Native for a few weeks and love it. Yesterday the sheath arrived and I was floored. The sheath is a work of art in itself. I can't believe the quality and great look of this sheath. I'm speechless!

Will you guys please stop it! How do you think it makes me feel, seeing all this stuff about the blue Native and knowing that mine is out there, somewhere, at the mercy of the postal systems of at least 2 countries
frown.gif
. Danny, you can understand I'm sure
biggrin.gif
At least I shouldn't have to wait much longer. At least I hope not, for my family's sake, they can't understand why I'm so irritable
redface.gif

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Irritable, why would anyone be irritable waithing for a knife to come in the mail?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

whitebear, you almost had me thinking you didn't like your knife until i read your post. Sneaky, sneaky.
wink.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Just because I talk to myself doesn't mean I'm crazy. What's wrong with getting a second opinion?

Anyone know if these things are still available? I almost picked one up at the Blade show and now I'm kicking myself...

Jon

Yes, Jon, there are still some available. There was a recent post regarding this in the general forum.

Me too, Clay ! I was sure I'd see mine today but no luck. The only thing that could be better than today would be tomorrow ! Please Mr UPS, is there a package for me ?

I got mine yesterday in the evening 8 p.m. (kids almost asleep).When I tried the usps tracking # it was not found and said maybe no tracking-point was reached by now.I was expecting another 4 days waiting, but in the evening what a surprise.
This parcel was realy moving fast: monday USA and wednesday Europe. cool.
Thanx Spark.

Greetings
red

P.S.: cooool knife!

Clay,

No worries if you had Spark ship your BF Native via EMS. I just came back from the post office, and got a few things that were a bit delayed due to the severe storm we're experiencing for the past week. In fact, this city I'm located in right now, is on the headlines because of the flash floods. Ugh!

Oh well, I'm also waiting, and rather irritable these days.. hehehe..

Patience, my friend, patience.
smile.gif

Dan

I too finally received mine via UPS this evening. The knife is every bit as good as the one I handled a week before the Blade Show. Nice, nice, nice!!!

Getting used to the inertia opening with Mike's sheath.... little sucker holds my native t-i-g-h-t!!! Looks great though
smile.gif
!

-=[Bob]=-

[This message has been edited by bald1 (edited 05 August 1999).]

I got home tonight to a little brown box with my Native and sheath inside. Yahoo ! Knife is very nice, as sharp as everyone has said and sheath is typical Mike Sastre high quality. The coolest thing tho, is that today is my birthday, so you could hardly ask for better timing!!! How neat that Spark planned it this way, thanks man !
wink.gif

baldi,

Inertia opening draw is a very brisk motion. If you pull too slow it hangs up. I did at least four opening draws with every sheath before shipping, but if yours is still too tight, you can send it to me for adjustment. Quick action on draw.

Mike

Mike,
Would you please go over the step by step technique of opening the kife from the sheath? Thanks.

------------------
~Greg~

Danny,

I saw those storms on the news here, I hope you and yours are all OK and you haven't had any property damage. After my experience with "the forces of nature" early this year I really feel for anybody caught up in anything like that.

BTW, no knife yet. It's Friday here so I will have to wait till after the weekend now. I'll just have to keep busy to try to keep my mind off the fate of my package
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Kodiak,

Opening draw technigue is in a thread in general discussion area. I'll post it here under its own heading tomorrow when I have more time. Going to bed - been working on more BF Native sheaths.

Mike

As I was leaving for work Wed. morning I almost stepped on a UPS box setting on my porch. Doesn't UPS knock anymore? Anyway I opened it and grabbed a box to show off at work. The Blue Native is a work of art. The blue is darker than I thought it would be. I like it better than the earlier pics of it. My edge was haircutting sharp but it pulls a little. I'm jealous of those really sharp ones some of y'all got. People at work were really impressed and a little green-eyed. After readings these threads, I decided to check my other one to see if it was sharper. The first thing I noticed when I took it out of the box was that it looked a little different. It opened the same, locked solid etc and wasn't really any sharper. But it looked different. Then it hit me, it had no clip. It looked naked. Anybody else have this problem? I only hope there are some spare clips as this is going to be a gift in about fifteen years. It should be a real collector by then.

You convinced me! Soon I will be receiving my Blue Native it will be my first Spyderco. I think it will also be a good future investment, not too many out there.
smile.gif

Back