BF Native Question

Besides that great blade, I have noticed that the BF Native is much smoother on the pivot. I know that there is and adjustable pivot as opposed to the rivet (is that the term?) pivot on the standard native. Is that the difference, or is there something inside that has been changed? Whatever, I like it!

sing

Sing.
The BF Native has washers on each side of the blade this helps to make the knife seem smoother also the pivot pin is larger and adjustable.
Both help.
Vince.

Dang, I keep hearing all this great stuff about "my" knife, and I still haven't got it yet.
frown.gif
I know it will be here any day now.

Thanks, Vince, it's good to know what's inside the BF Native.

Vince,

Great job on the pivot and BF Native overall! I noticed the difference in the pivot right off, and I am beginning to take notice of the aggressive cutting I seem to get with the 440v, my first of this steel.

sing

I'll second tschlosser's motion - the wait is killing me too.

------------------
JP Bullivant

I will third tschlosser's motion
smile.gif
Hopefully on Father's Day, I will be able to handle a Blue Native and sheath.

Since I ordered the combo- BF Native, Sheath, and BF T-Shirt, I'll have some more waiting to do. I am anxious to have it because I do not have any other neck knives and wanted a nice Spyderco....otherwise I can handle the wait...I just console myself by using another one of my knives..such as my Sebenza.
wink.gif

Further, since it won't be here in time for Father's Day, my birthday on 26 June, or my trip...I may as well wait.

Has anyone carried their's on a plane yet? Since I hope to go with only carry-on luggage, I am not sure I would have taken it anyway. It looks somewhat aggressive.

I look forward to its receipt and don't mind hearing good things!

Donald,

I've carried my original plain edge Native through airports several times. I would expect that the Blue Native, being cuter, should have not problems. NOTE: serrated blades are another story!

sing

Also, I carry a stamped, self-addressed envelop for the knife just in case.

I saw a Native in the flesh for the first time today, previously I had only seen pictures as they have taken some time to make it into the shops down here. To say I was impressed is an understatement and I am now even more eagerly awaiting my BF Special. Guess I'll be blue
frown.gif
till it gets here
redface.gif

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

I was fortunate enough to handle the Blue Native this afternoon and one word describes it: WOW !!! I was extremely impressed by the feel and look of the knife. SMOOTH as a babys bottom and when it clicked shut, it was music to my ears
smile.gif
Unfortunately, they ran out of sheaths before the individual was able to pick it up: he was every happy with his TWO Blue Natives. I was surprised to see that the clip was blue also, I was thinking it was going to be polished stainless steel.
The plain edged 440V was awefully sharp
smile.gif

Well, since I got my taste of the BN, I would really like mine to arrive with the shealth like NOW....LOL.
smile.gif
It is a beauty well worth the wait! Hmmmmm...... the larger version aka 'Chief' or 'chinese folder' in G-10 would be another sweet folder to compliment its little brother.
wink.gif

As I said elsewhere, I demonstrated how sharp the Blue Native's blade is by slicing my finger. Stupid! It also interferes with posting.

But, this is only my second cut in 56 years. Not bad.

Otherwise, I cannot adequately describe how sweet this knife is. It is a perfect city knife, less than 3" blade, and the color tends to disarm hoplophobes' reactions.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 20 June 1999).]

Hugh,

That's the same reaction I've been getting. Folks not into or afraid of knives generally find the BF Native "cute" or "cool". I am happy. They're happy.
smile.gif

sing

I say we lynch whoever is in charge of making the neck sheath. How much longer do we have to wait? I know the Native will be worth the wait but I'm not so sure about the sheath.

Art M,

LMAO.... that is a funny comment
smile.gif
We all hate waiting for the knife AND sheath. Imagine going down to the Blade Show thinking 'Oh, man, I am going to pickup my BN and sheath when I am down there!' You pickup the knife, but no sheath
frown.gif
Still a bummer, huh?! It is comparable to someone handing you a candy bar, but they only give you half of it?! LOL :0

I haven't been bad mouthing the men in brown recently, so may be there will be a surprise for us all soon
wink.gif

It's my understanding that the material for the sheaths has been delayed. Spark did offer the option for those of us waiting to have the knife shipped now & then the sheath when they come in. Of course, this will result in extra shipping charges but we do have the choice.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

I finally was able to check out a non-BF Native last weekend. Now I'm really excited about getting the BF version! The one I looked at last weekend has a clip with custom silver work done by a local silver craftsmen in Roseville CA. The shops name is Carlos's Silver. Both Carlos and his father do custom silver work on just about anything including knives.

Anyway, maybe the big-brown-truck will drop off my BF Native today. That would make it two in a row. I received my Microtech SOCOM yesterday!

Got my serrated BF Native today, and I'm very impressed. I've never had a knife anywhere near this sharp, or this well put together.

One question, though... I thought they were going to serialize the knives, but mine says "1 of 300". Does this just mean that it is one knife of a 300-knife run? I can't believe I could've gotten the first knife in the run, I'm just not that lucky, and I was under the impression that the Spyderco Club folks got first dibs on any new knife, anyhow.

Ah, nevermind, didn't see the posts on the other fora regarding the numbering....

Back