• Swinguard Spear 4"

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

Votes: 64 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The swing guard got my attention, lock back preferred (assuming there is a choice about that).

Thanks Mike.

mikeMike, you are the best! I appreciate all you do to make this happen, especially in a year like we have had this year. Barlow with a clip is my pick but I'm in no matter what the offering. Thanks again!

I own a couple of the Lionsteel knives. The drop point knife has the nail nick placed too far back on the blade which makes it (very) difficult to open. This is because the thumb nail’s access is blocked by the covers and the pull strength is increased by the placement.

The other blade is both pinchable and far more accessible. A pleasure to deploy.

Whichever blade gets chosen, it would be best to pick one to avoid this issue so as to avoid disappointment on the porch.

TU8qKJ8.jpg

grQuvs5.jpg
A good point, well explained.

2009 and 2017 were both Barlows.

The Lionsteels are rather modern looking to my eye, but a wildly varying, natural material like ram's horn might balance that out. :cool::thumbsup:

That's right, I forgot about 2017...

One more onto the pile here: thank you Mike for opening this thread and offering your time and effort.

I have never thought much of the modern traditionals but I certainly appreciate good craftsmanship in any form. After a little more research I have warmed to the idea and put my vote in for a sowbelly, which I think would look lovely with horn covers. Regardless, I will likely buy at least one of whichever model is selected.

I look forward to the long discussion thread(s) on this topic to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back