BHQ M4 DLC Military

91bravo

Gold Member
Got mine in today and I like it. I know the Military is not as popular as the Manix 2 or the PM2, but it's my favorite Spyderco platform. Took some pics to show off, before I put scratches and wear on it from work!

nXRMrp2.jpg

UQDUfgf.jpg

mJNfQxg.jpg

uONktIG.jpg

k5zv71y.jpg

Pm8kpHs.jpg

Nice pics! I wish I could warm up to the Military as it's a beautiful design but it just isn't for me.

Nice pics! I wish I could warm up to the Military as it's a beautiful design but it just isn't for me.

I understand that it's not for everyone. Too big and tip down are usually the turn offs. I like the tip down because in a knife this large, the opening hole is right there for you to access. With tip up, you'll have to shuffle it down into your hand to access the hole. The Military is already a powerhouse of a cutter, but in M4, it makes it that much more special to me!

I definitely agree on this knife tip down is the only way I"d carry it.

When I pull mine from my pocket I"m pinching it right at the hole. If I was grabbing the butt end I'd I'd have to reposition my grip to open it.

I like that they pair the hardware and clip to the blade. Collar and cuffs have to match.

Got mine in today and I like it. I know the Military is not as popular as the Manix 2 or the PM2, but it's my favorite Spyderco platform. Took some pics to show off, before I put scratches and wear on it from work!

nXRMrp2.jpg

UQDUfgf.jpg

mJNfQxg.jpg

uONktIG.jpg

k5zv71y.jpg

Pm8kpHs.jpg

I have always liked the millies but the tip down has kept me from getting one (after a bad experience with one) ... but I have to admit the M4 is definately making me think about trying one.

great looking and size ... and the M4 ... if ever there was incentive to try one this will be it.

I have always liked the millies but the tip down has kept me from getting one (after a bad experience with one) ... but I have to admit the M4 is definately making me think about trying one.

great looking and size ... and the M4 ... if ever there was incentive to try one this will be it.

Just sent you a PM!

Even though I’m a righty, I carry the Military in my left pocket. Feels great and probably my favorite Spyderco model. Would love to see more frame lock versions in the future.

You can do tip-up by using the lanyard hole. There have been threads on this if you search.

I am really tempted. I dont like the natural jade color but after seeing 91bravo 91bravo dye work, I might just pull the trigger on this millie.

BTW, try a Police 4 and you will not feel the Military is too big:D

I don't think the Military is big at all, after carrying it for many many years. Actually everything else feels small compared to the Military. I really want to try a Police 4 in K390 though!
another great knife. police 4 k390. one of my personal favorites for a big and useful folder.

this dlc m4 coated makes a lot of sense, I wish I had some funds for one. looks good and a winner. great user for using. with a great steel.

another great knife. police 4 k390. one of my personal favorites for a big and useful folder.

this dlc m4 coated makes a lot of sense, I wish I had some funds for one. looks good and a winner. great user for using. with a great steel.

I guess the Police 4 will be my next Spyderco purchase. Unless DLT releases their red g10 Military exclusive in 20cv or m390...:thumbsup:

Now, this one is perfect out of the box. I'm debating on whether to dye the scales or just leave it be? I heard that if dye jade g10 in yellow RIT dye, it turns the scales bright translucent orange!

I guess the Police 4 will be my next Spyderco purchase. Unless DLT releases their red g10 Military exclusive in 20cv or m390...:thumbsup:

Now, this one is perfect out of the box. I'm debating on whether to dye the scales or just leave it be? I heard that if dye jade g10 in yellow RIT dye, it turns the scales bright translucent orange!
good call.

lots of choices there on dying colors....or leave as is?;)

I'd considered one, but I dunno, $200 just may be a bit out of my range for something that I don't totally love the design on.

I hate jade G10. But for some reason it looks slick when contrasted by the black blade and hardware. I ordered 2 and they are both perfect.

Back