1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BHQ M4 DLC Military

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by 91bravo, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Red House

Red House

May 1, 2016
    Ordered one the minute it went live.
    No regrets, another home run by Sal and BHQ!

2. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    needs some tip up holes

BigKurtHaze and TIZWIN like this.
  3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Not gonna happen because it would require too big changes (extending the steel liners or installing one or two steel plates inside the butt of the scales).

4. tjsblade

tjsblade

Oct 5, 2012
    Nice looking trio. What method did you use to force the patina on the M4 and Rex45 versions ?

5. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I call it my hotdog patina. Ketchup, mustard and relish! On the REX 45, I used it a lot in the kitchen, so it has a really colorful patina going on it.

6. tjsblade

tjsblade

Oct 5, 2012
    Interesting. I've not tried that combo. Used straight mustard or stick it in a potato. So you mix the ingredients together. Do you wrap the blade up in plastic then or leave it exposed to air? How long to you usually leave it on? I might try this on a new M4 blade I have. Thanks.

7. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I dab ketchup on, then mustard and sprinkle some relish on it. Just random pattern and it should give some contrasting colors as well. I leave it on for about an hour or so, when everything has dried on the blade. Then I run it under hot water and wash it off with my fingers. Dab with oil after a good hot water rinsing.

bigmark408 and Heirphoto like this.
  8. Ben Dover

Ben Dover

Aug 2, 2006
    I love my Militaries. Especially M-4 and S90V.

Would love to have one in Maxamet.

9. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Ok, even though I said I wouldn't, I caved in and dyed the handles on this one too...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't soak as long my satin one, so it would contrast with the black hardware better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ferider

ferider Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Here it is a little different :) Love the better blade2handle ratio of the Aramis scales.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roland.

sliceofaloha, lieferung and GeofS like this.
  11. GeofS

GeofS Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Nice job, I really dig the navy color. :thumbsup:

91bravo likes this.
  12. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    Is this millie really out of stock or more batches will come in? Never saw a millie sold out so quickly.

13. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm sure they had a real small run of this one for it to sell out as fast as it did. It's an exclusive to BHQ, so they may bring it back. Who knows? I'm sure glad I got in on this one though.

14. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    I read sonewhere that a dealer exclusive must be at least 800 (or maybe 1,200?). Isn't it true? Anyway, if BHQ has more in, I will probably get one.

15. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I just looked and it says out of stock and discontinued.

16. DNAIrradiator

DNAIrradiator Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Swap with the CF/Ti S90V version:
    [​IMG]

17. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    That is just SICK. I MAY HAVE TO DO THAT. I have two of each.

18. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    The way the military is layed out and it’s size tip up wouldn’t work as well . It has a very nice and fast deployment tip down .

sliceofaloha likes this.
  19. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Thanks, I'm warming up to the idea of tip down for that one.

TheFactor likes this.
  20. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    For sure and I also like tip up for most other knives but again tip down is perfect for the Military.