Big and Little S!K Pairs

AdamFuzzyballs

Gold Member
So I have a 7/7 on its way from the starter, and I'm picking up a 3.5 in the mail tomorrow. I think this these two are gonna be the ultimate hiking/bushcraft partners and I already have a sheath setup to piggyback the 3.5. I wanna know what models yall pair up, or if you prefer a single blade, which one is your top choice? Pics of sheath setups would be nice too!

Hey Adam, I to am pairing the 7.7 and 3.5. I am going to add a larger blade too but I won't mention the model here so as not to be a douche. I will probably hip carry the 7/7 and scout the 3.5. The monster I will carry on a shoulder rig.

ARN,

We all own other knives too. Its ok to mention another blade as long as the main topic of your posts is S!K.

As for me. The 3.5/5.1 is my go to/do it all combo

Hey Adam, I to am pairing the 7.7 and 3.5. I am going to add a larger blade too but I won't mention the model here so as not to be a douche. I will probably hip carry the 7/7 and scout the 3.5. The monster I will carry on a shoulder rig.

I'd like to know what larger blade you're going to add. Always interested what other people find.

I'd like to know about the bigger blade too. I currently carry the Esee Junglas and GSO 3.5. Junglas takes care of wood processing and heavy chopping and the 3.5 is for camp chores, food processing etc. Personally, I'd like something a bit bigger than the Junglas - at least a 12" blade (the Junglas is 10").

Please share........

Kk guys sorry I am trying hard not to be an arse ☺. The big one is the Fehrman Extreme Judgement in SF. I ordered it prior to learning about S!K. I have a heap invested in it (they don't come cheap ). For those who don't know em the Judgement sits somewhere between a S!K 10 and 12. On the flipside the 7/7 knocked out the Ferhman First Strike from my loadout. As far as fixed blades I prefer S!K and Fehrman and a couple of CRK's and Mid Techs for my folders. I hope my post is not out of line. I suspect more than a few of us own 100's of blades. S!K has risen to the top of my carry gear rather quickly though edging out Busse, Extrema Ratio, Hoback ect. If the S!K 12 had been announced earlier I would have been in a terrible decision bind.

I had a fehrman first strike. It was bumped by the GSO 5.1. So was the ESEE 6. The 5.1 is just the best damn all rounder I can find. I cant wait for my starter 5.1

Personally, I wouldn't pair a 7/7 or a 5.1 with a 3.5. For me, there's too much overlap in use. I'd pair a large blade like a GSO 10 or 12 with a 3.5, but if I was going to carry something else with a medium-sized (6-7") general use blade, it would be a lightweight, fine-edged folder, like a spyderco delica or native.

Got my 3.5 in the mail today! I knew id love it but its even better than i could imagine in hand. Its the only knife that ive ever truly felt was an extension of my arm. Im playing around with different sheath configurations, but ill post pics tonight. Love this thing

Lately I've been harvesting wood to replenish my supply for winter's heat. I take my chainsaw, and my GSO-10 is strapped to my side. For a smaller cutting tool, I just have a folder clipped in my pocket. If I were camping/hunting/hiking I'd be carrying a smaller blade like the 5.1 or 4.1 or 3.5 respectively. Here's the 10.

P1020392.JPG
P1020391.JPG

Similar set-up with a 4.1

IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG

I don't have my starter 3.5 yet, and i sold this NeckerII a while back to raise funds after the birth of a child, but here's a couple ways of carrying a small fixed-blade like that:

P1020282.JPG
P1020284.JPG
P1020323.JPG

Got my 3.5 in the mail today! I knew id love it but its even better than i could imagine in hand. Its the only knife that ive ever truly felt was an extension of my arm. Im playing around with different sheath configurations, but ill post pics tonight. Love this thing

Nice, man! When did you order it? How long from "order filled" to your door?

My 3.5 took 3 weeks. They have to be close to finishing up the outstanding orders. The way I see it, these 3.5's have taken 2 months w in stock status. I'm hunkering down for a wait on the starters and even the 4.1 seconds. LOL

Nice, man! When did you order it? How long from "order filled" to your door?

I got the 3.5 from the exchange on here, not the starter. I ordered the 7/7 in the starter but I have no idea whatsoever on when ill get that. Im really looking forward to the 7/7, its the most ive ever spent on a knife but I love Guy's designs, and judging from this 3.5 I made the right decision. I'm gonna hopefully get a chance to put this "through the paces" tomorrow and post pics

Armalite Native, you're doing just fine :thumbup: I think that Survive! is still new enough that we've got to have a few comparisons to get our bearings. I also think that Survive! is going to stand up to the competition well enough to bear out some of these discussions. If I'm out of line here, Guy or Ellie please weigh in on this and let us know.

adamfuzzyballs said:
I wanna know what models yall pair up, or if you prefer a single blade, which one is your top choice? Pics of sheath setups would be nice too!

I really like to pair up blades rather than carry one all-arounder. I usually piggyback them rather then carry multiple sheaths. I could see the 2.7 pairing up nice with a 5.1 or 4.7 if I were doing a lot of hiking, or maybe even pull the scales on a 3.5 to piggyback it real close. I think a 3.5 and the GSO 8 Guy's teasing us with might be a really good pair :)

Last edited:
Thanks Knocks! When camping I have at least 4 knives in different configurations. In the south of Australia we have some very hard bush woods. Short of an axe, its gotta be heavy duty eh?

Absolutely. I've seen some of the chopping the Aussies get into, and it looks like much of it is very hard stuff. Also, I edited my post a couple back in case it came across as if the second half was in response to your carry preference. Was just responding to the OP there.

Great topic, i love seeing how others pair there trusted companions. i generally carry a case fishing knife. (always out fishing) my esse laser strike on hip and necker II rarely leaves my boot.
Im eagerly awaiting my GSO 7/7 &3.5 starters.

Not really a big knife guy, so this is my pairing 99% of the time when heading into the woods...

So I have a 7/7 on its way from the starter, and I'm picking up a 3.5 in the mail tomorrow. I think this these two are gonna be the ultimate hiking/bushcraft partners and I already have a sheath setup to piggyback the 3.5. I wanna know what models yall pair up, or if you prefer a single blade, which one is your top choice? Pics of sheath setups would be nice too!

I have this exact same pair; however, I plan to carry separately.

Back