• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Big, big knife

Bruce Culberson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey Guys this one is SOLD.

DSCN0949.jpg

The blade is 13 1/4" tip to scales, forged from sawblade steel that is ~0.280" thick. I have used this steel on several choppers with excellent results (there are few guys here with them). Handle is a tad over 7" with cocobolo scales and copper hardware. Blade is ~2 1/8" at the widest. The clip has an unsharpened false edge. Nice hand sanded satin finish.

Here are some more pics:

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0958.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

DSCN0955.jpg

Sheath too:

DSCN0957.jpg

Sheath is 9/10 oz vegi tanned leather, dyed, hand stiched, with copper rivets.

Price is $395 including shipping CONUS & Canada.

Thanks for looking!

Bruce

Last edited:
To say I "Like" it would be an gross understatment!!!!

That knife will be sung about in ballads and tales....

Oh I wish I had $395

Big Blade "Perfection" The Ultimate Chopper ! That Is "Beautiful" Bruce I really like the Blade profile and that Sheath Is Nice,

I'm going to sleep on it, and if it's still here tomorrow night I'm taking it.

I have one the same size, just in a different blade shape, and I can say the quality is outstanding. Bruce's grind lines are extremely clean and even...all 13 inches of blade on mine has a crazy even secondary bevel that is razor sharp along its entire length. And the sheath is also outstanding quality...very thick, bombproof leather, and he seals it already so you don't have to worry about caring for it right away.

You should know that, after browsing this sub forum as a guest, I registered just to tell you that this thing is amazing. Seriously, if I had the $, well, you'd then have the money :D.

I might miss this one, but hopefully I can grab the next. It's spectacular.

Wow Bruce, you are a very accomplished knifemaker. This is a "Beauty" because it looks beautiful, something that doesn't necessarily come to mind when viewing a 20" knife. It's not impressive so much because of it's size but because every millimeter is so perfectly made and finished.
I have a few of your knives and every one is a total 'winner' that i'm still completely bonded with.
I would love to own this one, but i've spent 'big' in last few weeks.
Did you consider a lanyard/thong hole for this one ?
Sincere Congratualtions Bruce. Your knives are getting even 'superber'.
roland

This one is SPF.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This is my favorite "big knife" that I've made so far.

Did you consider a lanyard/thong hole for this one ?

Roland - I assume you are talking about a front lanyard hole? I did consider it, but I like the look of just the lanyard hole at the back of the scales. I did recently finish this knife that has a front lanyard hole:

045.jpg

Psychosis - congrats on joining BF! Also thanks for the comments:)

Bruce

Last edited:
+1 Had an even bigger one and sold it since I have ordered something even BIGGER from Bruce. Can't say enough about the man or the knives and sheaths he creates.

I have one the same size, just in a different blade shape, and I can say the quality is outstanding. Bruce's grind lines are extremely clean and even...all 13 inches of blade on mine has a crazy even secondary bevel that is razor sharp along its entire length. And the sheath is also outstanding quality...very thick, bombproof leather, and he seals it already so you don't have to worry about caring for it right away.

Bruce, i appologize, i didn't see that this knife has a thong hole.
roland

That's because when you look at this knife youe eyes are naturally drawn to the long, wide blade with the satin finish.....:p
Thank-you for the kind words my B.C. friend. You bought one of my knives when at the time the number I had sold could be counted on one hand.

Here is what the blade looked like fresh off the anvil:

DSCN0857.jpg

Alright, a promise is a promise. I'm here, it's still here. This will be my zombie chopper #5. PM me with paypal info please?

Bruce you are correct. I was so absorbed in, and impressed by, this awe inspiring blade, that i gave the handle a too cursory look and missed the thong hole.
The first knife i bought from you, a Drop Point Hunter, in the Spring of 2009, i think, may be one of your earliest sales but looking at the knife and sheath, you'd think it to be from a maker of much experience. Early though it is, it is flawless and a joy to handle and use.
You 'had it' as a knifemaker right from the beginning, and i'll toot my own horn by saying: "i told you so".
I hope you continue to post knives here when you have available ones.
roland

Back