1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Big ones from J. Neilson, Voorhis, Hoover, Koster, Lamey

Discussion in 'For Sale: Custom Knives (Individual)' started by t1mpani, Mar 10, 2019.

1. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    Not looking for trades, I have too many knives!
    Post "I'll take it" here on the thread for anything you want, in addition to PMing or emailing me through the forum.
    Prices include shipping/insurance to anywhere in the US. Payment by paypal (I'll eat the fees) or USPS money order. Additional shipping charges for International, and (of course) only limited shipping insurance available. I WILL NOT lie on a customs form--if you can't legally have something, don't buy it.

$25 off the total price for each additional knife purchased.

Bladeforums is not always reliable notifying me of replies or messages--if you don't hear from me immediately don't worry, if you were the first take something then it's yours.
    Please carefully inspect knives upon receiving them. I try to be meticulous about finding flaws, but if I miss something, let me know immediately, and we can talk about either an adjustment to the price if you still want it, or a complete refund in addition to me covering the return shipping. My reputation is important to me, and I'll never try to slip anything by you.
    Here we go!
    [​IMG]
    Steve Voorhis Scagel Bowie--10" blade, 16.5" overall, 0.20" thick mirror-polished 5160 steel. Stag/leather/micarta/brass handle. This knife has tiny micro-pitting in a few places that would be almost invisible if it weren't for the mirror polish, but such is life. In the pictures, it's the tiny little dots--not the wavy looking stuff which is the reflected sides of the light tent. A beautiful (and light/fast) fighting bowie. Leather sheath has some storage marks from the previous owner, though a good oiling would likely make them disappear. Never used or sharpened. Brand new from the maker, this would be every bit of $700-800, but cosmetic flaws drop it to $400—$360 Sold
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

J. Neilson Heavy Duty Bowie--8.188" blade, 13.25" overall, 3/8" thick 5160 steel with forging marks left on. Yes, the Forged in Fire judge! This was made by J. to my specs several years ago. SOMEWHERE I have the damned certificate, but I can't find it (if I ever do, I'll send it along). Tang tapers to 1/4". The handles are some kind of stabilized burl, but I can't remember what. The picture of the mirror-polished tang looks like there's discoloration, but there's not, it's just oil. Notice the hammered finish on the front of the guard to go with the forging marks. This knife is designed for a big hand. Never used or sharpened. The ONLY flaw I see on the whole thing is a tiny mark in the blade finish down by the edge. I took a picture (last one), and you can just barely see it, but this is an expensive knife so I want you to know about it--it's the tiny spot just to the right of the dark reflection, right at the edge shoulder. Leather sheath with belt stud (no loop). I believe I paid him $950 or therabouts (it'd be more today). $800—$720
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    J. Hoover Bowie--9.875" blade, 15.625" overall, 0.210" thick 5160 steel. This was sold as a worker bowie with a scotchbrite finish. I took a couple of pictures so you can see that there are both vertical and horizontal sanding lines, and he wasn't trying to get a "hand rubbed" look. Small grinding flaw near the guard at the spine. Couple of forging inclusions at the spine on the left hand side. Walnut handle. Two tone leather sheath. I honestly don't remember if this has been used or not, though it doesn't look like one of my edges, and there's no edge damage or dulling, so if it was, it wasn't used much. A nice balance between a fighting/chopping weight--fast but robust. $250-$220 SPF

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  2. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    Koster Monster Nessie--8.5" blade, 13.75" overall, 0.25" thick 5160 steel. I'm pretty sure this one has cocobolo scales--I didn't get the brass corby bolts buffed up so they look a little dark. Knife has never been used but it looks like I might have stropped the edge. Vinegar etched spine, with just a little bit that went over the edge and darkened the left side near the tip. Absolutely wonderful Kenny Rowe pin-lock sheath (which cost me around $100 all on its own). $420–$378
    Steve Voorhis Subhilt Fighter--8.375" blade, 13.625" overall, 0.188" thick mirror polished 5160 steel. Nice knife from Steven, no flaws I can see. Zebrawood handle with ivory micarta spacers. Never used or sharpened. Leather sheath. $375—$335 SPF
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Steve Voorhis Fingergrooved Fighter--8" blade, 13" overall, 0.20" thick mirror polished 5160 steel. Black micarta handle with the tang exposed at the back (last pic). Minor discoloration of blade right in front of the guard, and small inclusion on the right side of the blade, couple small flaws in the mirror polish here and there. Leather sheath with stone pouch. These run right around $450 from Steve, but with a couple cosmetic flaws it's $300–$265 SPF

Matt Lamey Camp Bowie--8" blade, 13" overall, 0.188" thick W2 (I think) steel. Pirate inspired without a doubt! Walnut handle scales. Sheath is set up for right hand edge-forward IWB carry. This was a "working grade" finish and the marks along the spine and behind the integral guard were there from the get-go. Full flat grind transitioning into a convex edge makes this quite the cutter--it's never been sharpened or carried but I did some rope slashing with it--a very sharp and fast knife. $275–$245

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Win Heger, rooster68 and mmmotorcycle like this.
  3. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    LOL
    Don’t everyone jump at once...

Okay, I’m going to hope that having posted these at the END of last weekend, maybe they got missed. I’m doing a single price drop here, roughly 10-12% per blade, which is about as low as I’m interested in going. Trying to make room/lessen clutter vs needing money in a hurry so if they don’t move they don’t move!

4. mike1647

mike1647

May 14, 2015
    how much for the sub hilt Voorhis and the Hoover bowie thanks mike

5. mike1647

mike1647

May 14, 2015
    Hello i want the Voorhis sub hilt and the hoover bowie i have never purchased anything from this site so i hope i am doing this correctly please let me know how much including shipping thanks mike

6. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    Hello Mike,
    If you click on your username to the left of your posts, you can then click on your profile page, I’ve posted a reply there so we can discuss payment/shipping etc off the thread. :)
    Warren

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  7. mike1647

mike1647

May 14, 2015
    sending out postal M.O this morning for the sub hilt Voorhis and the Hoover thanks

8. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    They’re yours! I’ll get them boxed up. :)

9. shaving sharp

shaving sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Sent message for the Voorhis Scagel. I will take it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  10. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    It’s yours Sir

11. shaving sharp

shaving sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2007
    You inbox is full. Received the knife and am very happy. Thanks will post feedback when I can.

12. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks! I've cleaned up my inbox too. :)

13. mike1647

mike1647

May 14, 2015
    i will take the finger groove Voorhis thanks

14. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    It’s yours! :)

15. forager

forager Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Koster Monster Nessie available? Can I get a better pic of the handle scales?

16. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    Sure, I’m out at the moment but I’ll pop some of it tomorrow. :)