1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos Big tree hunting

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Currawong, Nov 27, 2017.

1. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Awesome pictures !!! Thank you for sharing :)

2. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Looks squatchy to me. Awesome pics!

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ....fixed that for you ;)

4. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Wow, so different from here. Just beautiful.

5. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Your photos are stunning! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I have never seen trees that big before (in person), wow!! :eek:
    Thank you for sharing your journey! :)

I grew up in SW Ohio, across from a wooded area, so I have always enjoyed exploring the woods. Fortunately there are no poisonous snakes here, so the worst wildlife to worry about is the deer tick and Lyme disease. I usually stay away from the inner city – that is where the worst "wildlife" is (thugs/criminals).

6. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Great pics. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

7. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Very cool trees!!!! If only they could talk lol.

8. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Don't forget about these:

[​IMG]

Currawong likes this.
  9. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Know about the Drop Bears, although i didn't when I actually visited down there. Don't know if they aren't in South Australia, or if I just got lucky. :)

Never heard of Milats.

Tasmanian Tigers. Another I've never heard of. That's not another name for the Tasmanian Wolf, is it? Actually, quick search, I see it is. Man, I hope that is true! I'd LOVE to know those things aren't extinct.

10. bmilla35

bmilla35

Aug 29, 2007
    Unbelievable pics. Thanks so much for sharing!

The ridiculous amount of animals that can kill you is almost enough to prevent me from visiting Australia ASAP.

Almost ;);)

11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
  12. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    Wonderful, thanks for the outstanding pics.