Photos Bird and Trout! Let's See 'Em!

Knife is 7" OAL, blade is 3" of 154CPM, handle is 4" of emerald green burlap micarta, natural micarta pins/lanyard liner, and natural micarta/white stripe liners.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart! That's right up my alley!

My Buckaroo model fits this bill well. Here in sheep horn.

4vL5fwF.jpg

l3aARcW.jpg

In AEB-L stainless I call it a Cowboy.

mMzV4qq.jpg

7HJf6GD.jpg
Love your work, Horsewright! My problem is that I can only afford one, and I can't make up my mind. Tapadero? Gordo? Cowboy? Too many choices, Gaaahhh!! By the way, the two trapper pouches I purchased from you recently are working perfectly.

Just come on over here Stuart D Duckdog . We'll come home of an evening from roping maybe 30-40 cottontails in the drive. Ya'd be able to break the bunny shank in good. BTW I really like it, gonna have to find me some of that emerald micarta.

Just come on over here Stuart D Duckdog . We'll come home of an evening from roping maybe 30-40 cottontails in the drive. Ya'd be able to break the bunny shank in good. BTW I really like it, gonna have to find me some of that emerald micarta.

Thanks, Dave. I'm pocketing that invite and will give you a heads up. You'll need some advance notice for a beagle brigade. Dave, I truly enjoy your life-style, work, and artistry that you allow us to enjoy.
- Stuart

Well, I'd love to visit with a bunch of buddies and beagles (though getting our shotguns there may be a drawback), but I see unpleasantness on the horizon:

“It never works if you don’t have the co-operation of the public,” said Vickery, whose Earthanimal Humane Education and Rescue Society still hosts 70 of the Canmore bunnies.

“If they kill them, people will start bringing them into their homes, then release them when they think it’s over.”

I guess that we could let the dogs run for a while, have some drinks and hope that the locals had gathered up all the bunnies. We'd call it a success, have some more drinks and drive home. The dogs would have had a run and we wouldn't have to clean guns nor bunnies.
- Stuart

Well, I'd love to visit with a bunch of buddies and beagles (though getting our shotguns there may be a drawback), but I see unpleasantness on the horizon:

“It never works if you don’t have the co-operation of the public,” said Vickery, whose Earthanimal Humane Education and Rescue Society still hosts 70 of the Canmore bunnies.

“If they kill them, people will start bringing them into their homes, then release them when they think it’s over.”

I guess that we could let the dogs run for a while, have some drinks and hope that the locals had gathered up all the bunnies. We'd call it a success, have some more drinks and drive home. The dogs would have had a run and we wouldn't have to clean guns nor bunnies.
- Stuart
haha exactly! We've had people on the news crying their eyes out leave the bunnies alone! :eek::(:thumbsdown: Even had a few women dressed in bunnies suits with placards. The deal is, these protesters live an hour and a half away in Calgary.
There are so many, that the kids can't play in the schoolyard, so much bunny poop:poop::poop: disease etc.

Awesome bunch of pups, they would do a mighty fine job.:thumbsup:;) Unfortunatley this town is connected at the hip to Banff National Park.
As a result, its made up of a lot of tree huggers and ex-city folks, I think we are buggerd, at least the Coyotes come to help out, then someone calls the Park Rangers to get rid of the coyotes. :rolleyes:

Hope nobody minds the levity, can't resist including my 56 here ;)

Obviously, such work CAN be done with a small folding knife but it's hardly ideal given the fouling up and sticking characteristics:eek::D

Thanks to others for posting very tidy real B&T knives. Closest I have is a Queen Cutlery ACSB No.73. I don't hunt but it was a good fishing knife, D2. Can't show it as my little Canon has just developed shutter jam....:(probably the end of that unfortunately.

UErrjNx.jpg

Came across this in the week. I'm by no means knowledgeable about fixed blades but think its the sort of knife that would belong on here, thinking it a small game knife. Could anyone tell me if I am correct in this assumption and what the intended use of the knife should or could be. it is 8 inches long overall with a blade length of 4 inches. Many thanks.:)
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr

- Mark
Looks like I can make out "Jarvenpaa Oy" when I zoom in on it... that's a really cool puukko ;) Iisakki Jarvenpaa started making knives in the 1880's and are pretty popular amongst us knife gatherers :) Here is a link to his history:

https://www.iisakkijarvenpaa.fi/us/story

Couple ideas:

n1SGGR1.jpg

xTHVgAK.jpg

6x4PXoJ.jpg

So several years back the wife decides she wants a car. Now we're truck folks not car folks, I barely fit and can't wear my hat:

HlsEr7R.jpg

Nichole called her car Foxy. The black Optima here.

zKcE44Y.jpg

So we've got an oversized three car garage. Its big, I mean a guy or gal can ride right in:

BQZEEuj.jpg

But its a knife shop/leather working shop:

3fhNy0I.jpg

2wWzevV.jpg

Ain't room for cars. So Foxy is parked outside with the trucks. So one morning we go to start up Foxy to run to the store and no start. Long story short the bunnies had eaten the wiring harness. As the car had electronic everything it was an extensive harness, from bumper to bumper, to the tune of $3500!! "Hello, State Farm? Ya ain't gonna believe this shi....!" So I loose a third of the shop to Foxy. Now we've always parked outside, the kids parked their cars and trucks outside. How come now? I'd always tease Nichole that the bunnies like the new car smell. Fast forward to a few weekends ago, mid July. Josh our other son is in the Army. He's back from a year in South Korea and is home for a few days prior to going to Florida for his new assignment. So we have a party. Nichole's mom, in her new car, comes up for the weekend (ya already know where this is going don't ya?). She goes to leave on Monday, backs out and she has a warning light coming on saying she doesn't have any power steering. Well turns out her new Dodge is so electronic that even the power steering is electronic. She gets her car with 2,500 miles on it towed into the dealer. Bunnies strike again! Some other friends that are up for the party and stay the weekend too, get a warning light a couple of days later when they are back home. We get a text from them from the Ford dealer: "Shoot the bunnies, shoot all the bunnies!" So apparently, (no really), the wiring nowadays has soy based insulation that the bunnies find tasty. So they say put mothballs in a water bottle with holes punched in it and keep one under your car when ya park. Where's Stuart?, I say.

Last edited:
Where's Stuart?, I say.

Sorry, Dave, I was outside putting mothballs under my '92 Trans Am convertible. No soy wires, but the squirrels love to store nuts on the exhaust manifold which leads to a terrible stink about a mile down the road. BTW, love the shop pics and that "knife staging box". Country boy creativity at its finest.
- Stuart

Ain't room for cars. So Foxy is parked outside with the trucks. So one morning we go to start up Foxy to run to the store and no start. Long story short the bunnies had eaten the wiring harness. As the car had electronic everything it was an extensive harness, from bumper to bumper, to the tune of $3500!! "Hello, State Farm? Ya ain't gonna believe this shi....!" So I loose a third of the shop to Foxy. Now we've always parked outside, the kids parked their cars and trucks outside. How come now? I'd always tease Nichole that the bunnies like the new car smell. Fast forward to a fe weekends ago, mid July. Josh our other son is in the Army. He's back from a year in South Korea and is home for a few days prior to going to Florida for his new assignment. So we have a party. Nichole's mom, in her new car, comes up for the weekend (ya already know where this is going don't ya?). She goes to leave on Monday, backs out and she has a warning light coming on saying she doesn't have any power steering. Well turns out her new Dodge is so electronic that even the power steering is electronic. She gets her car with 2,500 miles on it towed into the dealer. Bunnies strike again! Some other friends that are up for the party and stay the weekend too, get a warning light a couple of days later when they are back home. We get a text from them from the Ford dealer: "Shoot the bunnies, shoot all the bunnies!" So apparently, (no really), the wiring nowadays has soy based insulation that the bunnies find tasty. So they say put mothballs in a water bottle with holes punched in it and keep one under your car when ya park. Where's Stuart?, I say.
"Shoot the bunnies, shoot all the bunnies!" Lol, that was great!

Thanks! Stuart D Duckdog

Thats how I keep track of which sheath goes to which knife after the knives are done and each sheath is fitted and made to and for a specific knife. All the slots in the box are numbered. So sheath 37 (on the inside of the sheath with a Sharpie) goes to knife #37. Ya know I've done thousands that way and I've only ever had one person ask what the number on the inside of their sheath is for.

Ya know the old saying JohnDF JohnDF "Ya can't make this shi.. up."

And they ain't bothered the 2017 F250 at all?? Quien Sabe?

Last edited:
Back