Birth of the Neckula!!

Judging by Ethan and Jeff's responses, a man might think such a collaboration might have been discussed already.

Hmmm ... food for thought.

you'll have to wait until tara and shannon are taught how to grind and sharpen them :) and they'll only come in pink.

Bladite

you'll have to wait until tara and shannon are taught how to grind and sharpen them :) and they'll only come in pink.

Bladite

I might even carry a pink one, if I could get the same treatment from those girls that Ethan was getting. At my age it's amazing what I'll do for a hug.

Both Becker and RAT have different neck knives. They are both really well designed, and if you look around the forum, you will see that the Izula and BK-11 are the two most popular and usable neck knives around.

Hey KMM...

What a clever Idea....

All Best...

ethan

Thanks Ethan, Jeff and the rest!

I finally managed to get it done today. I cut the Neckers handle off with a angle-grinder, bead-blasted the coating away, welded the new handle on while making sure that the blade didnt get too hot to the touch. I kept a soaked cloth next to me and used it to cool the blade everytime i'd weld abit.
After i finished welding i ground most of the excess material away, and spraypainted it black again.

Im quite pleased with the end-result :D The increased handle-length is very noticable and it feels much more comfortable!

Im heading off on a 2-day hike tomorrow and ill bring it along and put it through its paces ie. mostly batoning to make sure it stays in one piece, which im pretty sure it will.

Heres a link to all the pics on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/km-m/sets/72157618494799941/

Let me know what you think!

Regards
Mads

very interesting ;)

now, how does it perform? baton! slice! hang off neck! we want to see it all! :)

Bladite

Thanks Ethan, Jeff and the rest!

I finally managed to get it done today. I cut the Neckers handle off with a angle-grinder, bead-blasted the coating away, welded the new handle on while making sure that the blade didnt get too hot to the touch. I kept a soaked cloth next to me and used it to cool the blade everytime i'd weld abit.
After i finished welding i ground most of the excess material away, and spraypainted it black again.

Im quite pleased with the end-result :D The increased handle-length is very noticable and it feels much more comfortable!

Im heading off on a 2-day hike tomorrow and ill bring it along and put it through its paces ie. mostly batoning to make sure it stays in one piece, which im pretty sure it will.

Heres a link to all the pics on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/km-m/sets/72157618494799941/

Let me know what you think!

Regards
Mads

Thats pretty dang cool! good job.

3594659509_1e6c17feac.jpg

I LIKE it! :D Seriously good work there, dude! Now let's see those action pics! :cool:

Just spend this morning out in the forest batoning wood. The Neckula passed with flying colors and most importantly edge-retention remains the same meaning none of the blade-hardening had been lost. Only thing was that some of the blade-coating came off, but now it really has character!

Im glad you all like it!

Added a few other pics to the set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/km-m/sets/72157618494799941/

Regards
Mads

I agree. I just like opening cold one with the BK11. A little more grip would be great.

I carry and use my neckers with bare handles (In my bare hands :D), If I ever would need more grip, I would add some Grip Tape.

Hey kmm...

Very, Very cool....I think that maybe I want one.......

All Best...

ethan

what Ethan wants, Ethan generally gets? :)

Bladite

Glad it held together when you beat on it. Nice work.

You now live in bizarro world...instead of you wanting Becker knives, Ethan wants your knife!

Back