Bishop Pass Around?

Okay, I'm in now too and would like to take my turn during the event in Hiawassee. That way, we can have 20 guys get a chance to use it all at once. Swo, make it happen! Whit, where you been man, did the zipper get stuck on the Sasquatch suit again?

Okay, I'm in now too and would like to take my turn during the event in Hiawassee. That way, we can have 20 guys get a chance to use it all at once. Swo, make it happen! Whit, where you been man, did the zipper get stuck on the Sasquatch suit again?

Huh, what? Is this a "beans above the franks" situation?
Yikes, I hope not.

I am really late to the game but would live to see have this preforms, I'm in on this one.

Huh, what? Is this a "beans above the franks" situation?
Yikes, I hope not.

I got a good laugh out of this and I'm not really even sure exactly what you're referring too... :D

Also, I would still be interested in this pass around, though I'll be present at the Hiawassee event so I would be happy to give my previous claimed spot to someone who won't be attending the event in GA.

Last edited:

Please don't bring up memories that give me nightmares! Sorry I have not been around much just running 100 MPH and having a hard time finding good help to hire in Salisbury, NC so a lot has been on my shoulders. Things are good though. Swonut is going to be bringing this to Hiawassee so hopefully everyone will have a lot of fun using it! Hope to talk to you soon!

So, I was kinda mulling about how to do this thing right. I like Justin's idea and it's close to what I was thinking about doing at Trackrock when we were all standing around looking at each other waiting for Phillip say something interesting.

Anyhow, Whitty says it's on it's way to Kansas City and I plan to bring it to Trackrock and will pass it to Justin at that time. From there, I'll make a new thread once I get it in hand and pop a few pictures and we'll keep track of it from there. Should be here by the weekend.

If Swo brings the Bishop to Trackrock I'll send it to Heeso next so he can get his fill of chopping and add some leather. We can then keep the passaround going for a month and have it back to me by the first of May. I can then send it on it's way again after Hiawassee. So that Whitty gets his knife back by Christmas let's cap this at 10, with TR and Hiawassee counting as 1 each. That will still allow over 40 people to have a go with the Bishop.

As I said before, count me in the Hiawassee group. Let someone else fill one of the 10 spots. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to playing with a Bishop, and all the other knives people will be bringing to the event!

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to playing with a Bishop, and all the other knives people will be bringing to the event!

I have a feeling that there will be an escalation of "WTB ....." posts in the Flea Market by the Hiawassee attendees after May. There are a couple models I'm hoping to see and get a feel for there.

I have a feeling that there will be an escalation of "WTB ....." posts in the Flea Market by the Hiawassee attendees after May. There are a couple models I'm hoping to see and get a feel for there.

I agree completely! After this EDC sharing by Jerry, Nathan, Kris, and Douglas, plus Hiawassee, I should have a pretty darn good handle (pun intended) on all the knives I'd like to own. :D

I agree completely! After this EDC sharing by Jerry, Nathan, Kris, and Douglas, plus Hiawassee, I should have a pretty darn good handle (pun intended) on all the knives I'd like to own. :D

The very first fiddleback blade that I laid my eyes on ever, was that Green micarta handled Bishop at the outpost. I've coveted that style ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Swo brings the Bishop to Trackrock I'll send it to Heeso next so he can get his fill of chopping and add some leather. We can then keep the passaround going for a month and have it back to me by the first of May. I can then send it on it's way again after Hiawassee. So that Whitty gets his knife back by Christmas let's cap this at 10, with TR and Hiawassee counting as 1 each. That will still allow over 40 people to have a go with the Bishop.

Sounds like a plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the origin of the Bishop name. Is it a chess thing? Is it because the point sort of looks like a bishop's hat? Is it because a bishop is a dignitary, like a Monarch or a Duke or a Chief?

Just an update. This has not gone away or been forgotten about. The Bishop made it to Southern Gent and then apparently had a savage meeting with a chainsaw. This is a story I have still not gotten to hear???

The Bishop went back to Fiddleback for a touch up and was mailed back to me last week. I took it today to a friend in the mountains that was in on this originally. When I got there they really needed a sheath for it. So I left them mine and will end up keeping the original one planned for this. They are going to keep it for a few weeks for a review and then we will get this entire process started correctly. Sorry this has been drawn out. We will get it going right very soon!

Back