BK&T Pics! CONTEST

Ok folks,
Spring is around the corner, and its time to get outdoors! While I think of something to giveaway, why don't ya'll start getting some good pics of your favorite BK&T's outdoors in action.

This forums is somewhat of a dictatorship, so whatever pic I LIKE the best, will get a free knife of my choice...you are going to have to trust me on this one! We will runs this until April 1st.

Lets see some PICS!

BK9 in action at the Fennell hunting camp last summer. Yours truly at the helm:

attachment.php

Whole sequence of pics here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=209203

Dex...Sorry old friend, but I need to borrow that picture that you posted above my post...;).

Will,

Now look at that photo with Dexter whacking that rope in-half with the BK-9. Now, add about 150 pounds to Dexter, replace the BK-9 with a BK-1, and instead of Dexter wacking that little rope in-half, visualize ME chopping that tree down (the remaining stump is near Dexter's right foot) with ONE chop from the mighty BK-1 Brute.:D

(Mumbles to self that one of these days, I'm going to have to figure-out the software that goes with MY digital camera...)...

BTTT...come on guys, let's see some pics! April 1 is coming and it ain't no April Fool's joke :) Will is giving away a *brand new Becker model*

Dann, here's your chance, man!! Digicams aren't that hard to figure out! :D

Coconuts that is! One of the fave drinks around here is coconut "milk" . . . sometimes it is the only source of reliable safe water for "gringos". Here I am getting some in the cool 100 degree weather we are having! :eek:
By the way Will, it is really overkill to use my trusty combat bowie on coconuts . . . ya think there is somthin' that could handle the job better?? hint hint ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• coco1.jpg
    coco1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 947
Ok,
So far Jason is winning, because I'm disqualifying Dex:p

Dex is using a PROTOTYPE BK9 in his pic, and somehow, I just think that isn't fair:D

But, I can't believe nobody else is even TRYING to win a free BK10! Ya'll are just going to let Jason run away with this?

Does the pic have to display something constructive? Or is random destruction also OK? As long as its outdoors, and in action, it's eligible?

(currently waiting for my BK9, so my BK2 will have to step it up).

Regards,

Shaun.

Excellent...tommorrow after work I'll grab the digital camera and head out into the woods behind my house with BK2 and a grudge :) Deforestation in moderation will be the key then... Now, if I cut down an entire birch tree with my Campanion, will that put me in good standing? Time to go looking for that pitchwood...

That BK10 is wicked, I'll make a grab for it :)

(I'm a basic member, and cannot post pics, do I send them to you Will?)

Regards,

Shaun.

Originally posted by Will Fennell
Ok,
So far Jason is winning, because I'm disqualifying Dex:p

Dex is using a PROTOTYPE BK9 in his pic, and somehow, I just think that isn't fair:D

But, I can't believe nobody else is even TRYING to win a free BK10! Ya'll are just going to let Jason run away with this?

Doesn't matter...I'm still getting a 10 anyway! :)

Dang...I can't believe that I'm not getting any points for imagination!.:D.

Hey Will, how about a contest with a digital camera as the prize? ;)

Dang it, gotta buy me one of those thinga-ma-jigs someday soon.

Curious...

Mr. Fennell, I was just curious if this contest is something that you've done before, or if it's a first and only type of thing? Unfortunately I still do not own a BK&T yet(been on wish list for quite some time!!!!). I plan on ordering a BK9 at the first of the month...but by the time I get it the contest will be over. :(

I ask about the frequency of contests like these, because I will be taking a trip up to Yellowstone the second week of May and would love to get in on something like this. My section commander (who is helping me try and cross-train into the AF SERE career field) is hosting the trip to do a little trail-clearing and some fence construction. If all goes well and I have my BK9 by then, I figure this would be an excellent opportunity to break it in! (Especially since this would be my first BIG knife!)

Whether you have another contest in the future or not, (which I really hope you do, because who would pass up the chance for a free BK&T if they had the resources?)...anyway, I will try to get as many pics as I can to post and boast...I guess you could say!

Thanks for you time and dedication Mr. Fennell! And thanks to all the other forum members for your dedication and assistance!

I hope we are not limited to 1 pic, because I have a few. Here I am making a notch in a stump with the Bowie.
67758752aNYKys_ph.jpg

Well, unfortunately I ended up working later today, so I didn't have quite as much time as I thought I would to pack in all the random destruction I had planned...

I still got a little bit of random destruction in. Went walking through the woods behind my house, and found a dead tree that was giving me the evil eye... Not having my BK9 yet, I had to resort to the BK2 Campanion. With a bit of coercing, I managed to hammer the BK2 into the stump. I then proceeded to hollow it out, for some reason. I was aiming to chop it down entirely, but a group of people walking their dog gave me a bit more than a suspicious look, as I was feverishly chopping at a dead tree in the middle of the woods, with a camera around my neck...they took the long way around.

Anyhow, I've e-mail Will the pics to post, they're not great but it was a pretty drab evening.

Oh well, my contribution. If I get my BK9 before the contest is over, I will return to the spot and teach that stump a real lesson.

Absolutely no damage to tip, or edge. That BK2 is a tough bastard of a knife, for sure. (just realized its still on my belt...think I'll leave it there a little while longer :)

Regards,

Shaun.

Making the ground a little more level with the Campanion. Works pretty good as a small improvised shovel. And with how Tough and realatively inexpensive it is, I don't care if I hit a rock or 2(I hit quite a few actually, didn't seem to harm it at all).
67758830YBamnY_ph.jpg

Back