BK10. The Ugly Duckling or the Young Prince?

Yeah I’ve always tried to like it...but just can’t get over the weird angle of the clip point in it.
That said, there’s been a few people here that have rounded the front and ground off the ramp, and those ones look pretty sexy.

I’ve also been eye balling that thumb ramp...

But after using it for a while it doesn’t intrude too much, and kinda is growing on me.

Don’t have one yet, but like ‘em. Will probably snag a decent user when one pops up. Oddly enough, I have more BK11’s than any other Beckers. Then the BK2.

I gave mine a nose job and removed its Waddle :p I thought of removing the ramp but after I rounded the edges of the ramp I actually like it . Its much more comfortable on my thumb while making push cuts . The ramp is going to stay for now :thumbsup: The 10 is a keeper in my book :D
IMG_4042.JPG
A no Waddle look. I guess if your intentions are doing a lot of stabbing the huge lower guard might be a good idea to keep it :rolleyes: the stock 10 Sheath is very nice but I sometimes want to take a larger knife on a hike without a pack. This setup is not bad right in the front pants pocket :thumbsup:
IMG_4043.JPG

Last edited:
I gave mine a nose job and removed its Waddle :p I thought of removing the ramp but after I rounded the edges of the ramp I actually like it . Its much more comfortable on my thumb while making push cuts . The ramp is going to stay for now :thumbsup: The 10 is a keeper in my book :D
View attachment 1083213
A no Waddle look. I guess if your intentions are doing a lot of stabbing the huge lower guard might be a good idea to keep it :rolleyes: the stock 10 Sheath is very nice but I sometimes want to take a larger knife on a hike without a pack. This setup is not bad right in the front pants pocket :thumbsup:
View attachment 1083221
That’s what I’m talking about. Nice work Xr

Here is my Bk10LE but I don't have the bell or whistle. Some Old time Heads or Becker history buffs will get that reference. A beaver did the woodwork I just used its handy work as a glamour shot.

To me the bk10 is what I think a survival knife should be. I know most would probably lean toward the bk7 for that, but I just prefer the bk10.

Geofs is right, it is Ethan's take on the classic pilot survival knife. I think Camillus just came to him one day and asked him to redesign it and boom we got the bk10.

Not mine but a cool ad I found on google.

2981648575_9c248c2217_o.jpg

Back