BK14 MacIntyre Rig

Good stuff! Thanks, Pict.

Nice! I like your selections. What are your thoughts on the stand-up water bags? I'm going to order some ... unless they're terrible.

I like the ones I got, they are pretty heavy duty and well made. And also the exact right size for the water purification tablets I have.

Here's mine where do I collect my prize
GoBcUCS.jpg

Doesn't count, Tankerwolf did a full fifth on his sheath way back. Disqualified.
in my neck of the woods, we call fifths "sippy cups".
69OQbPt.jpg

anyway, here's my macintyre rig. it's saved my bacon many a time, through just endless variations of woodcraft challenges.
E1J8rP5kr0cWFNeP2

So here is what I came up with
Tn2bx9I.jpg

KMNcroI.jpg

BK11, Inova Microlight, Button Compass, Star Flash Signal Mirror, Firesteel Mini, Sail Needle and the cord is UST ParaTinder (one of the inner strands is tinder cord)

Last edited:
So here is what I came up with
Tn2bx9I.jpg

KMNcroI.jpg

BK11, Inova Microlight, Button Compass, Star Flash Signal Mirror, Firesteel Mini, Sail Needle and the cord is UST ParaTinder (one of the inner strands is tinder cord)

This is awesome. When I talked to McIntyre, he said one of the changes he would make is using that type of cordage.

This is awesome. When I talked to McIntyre, he said one of the changes he would make is using that type of cordage.
Thanks, just found out about it and thought I would give it a try. It works pretty good, although I haven't tried it in the woods yet.

Nice rig, mchipman. Thanks for sharing.

I received the standup water bags and some water purification tablets today to add to mine. The chlor-floc packets I had on hand were out of date.

Related question, I don’t mean to hijack: does anyone have any issues with the factory sheaths dulling their Bk11 and BK14? (I assume it’s the same exact sheath)
My 14 sheath took the edge off the blade quick. So it’s in a DIY kydex now. Has that issue been resolved?
I noticed Uncle E and many others use their factory sheaths for BK11 MacIntyre rigs.

V84, They changed the material in the sheath to prevent dulling when the locking sheath came on the scene.

mchipman,

Can you still melt the ends of that ParaTinder to prevent unraveling?

yes you can. if you notice in the picture, one end is melted and one wasn't, but is now.

Nice rig, mchipman. Thanks for sharing.

I received the standup water bags and some water purification tablets today to add to mine. The chlor-floc packets I had on hand were out of date.

thanks,
do you mind sharing what kind of bags you got?

thanks,
do you mind sharing what kind of bags you got?
Not at all.
v1sXCmk.jpg

One liter water bags with a stand-up bottom available on Amazon, EBay, etc. They are sealed so they stay sterile until opened. The Potable Aqua tablets are individually packaged and treat one liter of water,

Didn't feel the need to start a new thread. I was thinking of doing a MacIntyre Rig for my 14.

I was thinking of attaching a firesteel to my sheath using Chicago screws, then I remembered this.

Back