1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bk16 Saber grind

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by omenwolf, Jan 15, 2016.

1. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    Anyone got a BK16 that they would sell me or point me in the direction of one for a fair price?

2. JDMiller

JDMiller

Jul 3, 2015
    110 views...

I guess the "fair price" might be pretty high ?

3. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    Truth is they are so liked by the people who like them that your not likely to get one for what you would consider a fair price. I had three but am down to one, and its not going anywhere...lol

4. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    Only one I can find is on the bay for 160, the last one sold for 105. The 160 one has been on there since mid December. I emailed him an offer and he doesn't want to respond.

5. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    I wish I could have afforded to scoop more of them up when they were still floating around. I would have had a stockpile to make sure people who wanted the saber ones could get them.

6. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    I think KaBar just needs to pony up and make them both ways. There is enough demand.

7. d-wade

d-wade Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2015
    There is one for sale on the big auction site right now. I already have two so if it wasn't stripped already and used I'd pay what the guy is asking for it. I'm looking for an untouched one for a safe queen.

Edit-- you posted about the auction site before I got done typing.

8. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    Mines actually a etched not stamped one, and has the new coating, and I have used it a bit because its a Becker. My only Becker that I havent beaten up at least a little is the 15 that Ethan gave me that I had customized. I have done some food prep with it, and sharpened the heck out of it, but no beating for that one.

9. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    It's been on there since mid December, myself and another member emailed him and he is not responding to them. The condition it is in he is asking too much obviously since it been on there for so long.

10. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    Yes. For a little more than that you could get a GSO 5 which is similar in a lot of ways, and s30v steel.

11. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    Yea I was looking at that one also and the esee 5 but I just love and trust my Beckers. And also I'm having Dexwithers build me 2 16 kydex sheaths, one for me and one for my daughter who I wanted to give my ffg 16 with some red TKC scales and get myself a saber 16 and put my blue TKC scales on that one.

12. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    Just keep looking...one will pop up that's reasonable. Fair and reasonable could be two different things. They go for over a bill period...
    Buck and a quarter to buck and a half in various conditions with no real consistent base to go by is what you should expect.

Same as others here...nobody really wants to move them and only ridiculous prices can convince them...

These aren't going anywhere...
    [​IMG]

Good luck!

13. SALTY

SALTY Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2000
    I'll venture an opinion that many have them and do not even know that here are two versions and that they have an earlier and rarer iteration. For using, I actually prefer the newer style but the saber grind is cool to have.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  14. Kentwood33

Kentwood33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Anybody said saber grind, well those are kinda sought, since isn't produced anymore , so i guess that justifies the increased price and is up to us , the ones looking for them to decide if is to expensive or not.[​IMG]btw love the ones i got.

15. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    You people that keep posting pics suck!!!!!!!

16. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    Oh like this old thing ?

[​IMG]

17. JDMiller

JDMiller

Jul 3, 2015
    I have one new in box, unmolested, stashed away

18. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2013
    If you're wanting to try something similar but not Becker, I'd suggest the TOPS B.O.B. Very similar in shape and profile, though a tad thicker and with G-10 or Micarta scales. Love my Beckers, but still have the B.O.B. Also, the TOPS has a bit more real estate in the handle area....

[​IMG]

Reasonably priced on the exchange, the last one I got was under a Benjamin.

19. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    I love my old stamped version!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    I hate you all!!!!!!