Bk16 Saber grind

Anyone got a BK16 that they would sell me or point me in the direction of one for a fair price?

Truth is they are so liked by the people who like them that your not likely to get one for what you would consider a fair price. I had three but am down to one, and its not going anywhere...lol

Only one I can find is on the bay for 160, the last one sold for 105. The 160 one has been on there since mid December. I emailed him an offer and he doesn't want to respond.

I wish I could have afforded to scoop more of them up when they were still floating around. I would have had a stockpile to make sure people who wanted the saber ones could get them.

I think KaBar just needs to pony up and make them both ways. There is enough demand.

There is one for sale on the big auction site right now. I already have two so if it wasn't stripped already and used I'd pay what the guy is asking for it. I'm looking for an untouched one for a safe queen.

Edit-- you posted about the auction site before I got done typing.

Mines actually a etched not stamped one, and has the new coating, and I have used it a bit because its a Becker. My only Becker that I havent beaten up at least a little is the 15 that Ethan gave me that I had customized. I have done some food prep with it, and sharpened the heck out of it, but no beating for that one.

It's been on there since mid December, myself and another member emailed him and he is not responding to them. The condition it is in he is asking too much obviously since it been on there for so long.

Yes. For a little more than that you could get a GSO 5 which is similar in a lot of ways, and s30v steel.

Yea I was looking at that one also and the esee 5 but I just love and trust my Beckers. And also I'm having Dexwithers build me 2 16 kydex sheaths, one for me and one for my daughter who I wanted to give my ffg 16 with some red TKC scales and get myself a saber 16 and put my blue TKC scales on that one.

Just keep looking...one will pop up that's reasonable. Fair and reasonable could be two different things. They go for over a bill period...
Buck and a quarter to buck and a half in various conditions with no real consistent base to go by is what you should expect.

Same as others here...nobody really wants to move them and only ridiculous prices can convince them...

These aren't going anywhere...

Good luck!

I'll venture an opinion that many have them and do not even know that here are two versions and that they have an earlier and rarer iteration. For using, I actually prefer the newer style but the saber grind is cool to have.

Last edited:
Anybody said saber grind, well those are kinda sought, since isn't produced anymore , so i guess that justifies the increased price and is up to us , the ones looking for them to decide if is to expensive or not.
035a25c3f5c482d9a8c1a6ba52c76b1d.jpg
btw love the ones i got.

If you're wanting to try something similar but not Becker, I'd suggest the TOPS B.O.B. Very similar in shape and profile, though a tad thicker and with G-10 or Micarta scales. Love my Beckers, but still have the B.O.B. Also, the TOPS has a bit more real estate in the handle area....

9825746705_2bde829f2f_b.jpg

Reasonably priced on the exchange, the last one I got was under a Benjamin.

Back