BK62 Photos Here

Ok now that I've gotten a little field time with the 62 and processed a few deer. A slight change is in order. No two hands are alike. When I was field dressing my deer in single digit and low teens temps my fingers were numb and frozen over in blood. I didnt feel as if my index finger had a great purchase without slipping over the small finger guard. I deepened the index finger guard just a bit. Feels great and it really didnt change the esthetics much at all.

Where are you guys getting the brass hardware? What are the screw and nut sizes please?

Crappy photo, but I had to use it. Very slicey, I like it:

Your wood grain is nice. Mine is just Meh! But i still love it
That photo was so manipulated, haha. It was obviously taken without much lighting, hence the grainy photo. The wood grain isn't that dark on mine. I've seen others that I thought were much better, but am very happy with this knife. I'm so anxious to get out and use it. We won't be going to the cabin for another month or so, so that won't happen. I was gonna make fried potatoes, and decided to use the 62. Would rather have it used it for the first time on something else, but, wth, chit happens.

Very happy with the 62 a bargain in my book :thumbsup: but :p while the hardware is quality it will have rust issues down the road where you can't see . I went with plain Stainless and not the black oxide. Right off the bat you have to flatten the head a little. I also heated them to dull the sheen . Just sharing a change o_O
Hope the pics explain :rolleyes:
IMG_3713.JPG IMG_3715.JPG IMG_3720.JPG IMG_3721.JPG IMG_3722.JPG

Used a fine sanding sponge to remove any wood above the tang and mineral oil. I'mreally liking this Knife ;)

3sFGL2w.jpg

siGZAru.jpg

ogWOw4o.jpg

9LwRnM6.jpg

Didn't have a lot of time before it got dark tonight but I did some light carving with the 62. The handle is different than I am used too. Much more flat. I had to alter my grip a bit for chest lever cuts. All other cuts worked great.

With the unsharpened spine push cuts with my thumb were enjoyable. Push cutting with the tip was also enjoyable with the relieved spine.

I liked how close the edge is to the handle. The long flat portion of the blade was great for hogging off a lot of wood fast.

I made stop cuts and notches, sharpened a stick into a point, did several chest lever cuts to cut clean through an stick in one cut, beveled the end of a stick like you would at the end of a tent peg, and made a few feather sticks.

So far so good. I really like this knife.

Some pics. Didn't take many due to the poor lighting.

44248382650_f0e77110b5_c.jpg

44248382480_2ba2706752_c.jpg

Jeremy

PS, the wood here has been rained on and then frozen so it makes it hard to work with. I will have to bring some wood inside to thaw and play some more.

I have some Cedar set aside for a bow drill set as well.

Didn't have a lot of time before it got dark tonight but I did some light carving with the 62. The handle is different than I am used too. Much more flat. I had to alter my grip a bit for chest lever cuts. All other cuts worked great.

With the unsharpened spine push cuts with my thumb were enjoyable. Push cutting with the tip was also enjoyable with the relieved spine.

I liked how close the edge is to the handle. The long flat portion of the blade was great for hogging off a lot of wood fast.

I made stop cuts and notches, sharpened a stick into a point, did several chest lever cuts to cut clean through an stick in one cut, beveled the end of a stick like you would at the end of a tent peg, and made a few feather sticks.

Jeremy

PS, the wood here has been rained on and then frozen so it makes it hard to work with. I will have to bring some wood inside to thaw and play some more.

Nice Jeremy. I definitely need to work on my Bushcraft skills. They are lacking to say the least

Jeremy

With just a tad more spine goodness push cuts will be a pleasure :thumbsup:

You guys are killing me with these purdy scales. Time to break out the easy off oven cleaner, de-grease the wood and see what I got to work with.
Don't do it! You got all that blood patina :thumbsup: I just took a ceramic rod and took a little tiny bit of spine edge off near the scales :) my thumb loves it :D

Someone asked on another forum, so I made these up:

Back