BK9 HD Sheath for friend of mine. Completed!

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
IMG_20160303_194715_zpst2qnsgjx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This will be XL Scout carry. Should be interesting.
IMG_20160303_194751_zpssfwrfk3h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
You BK peeps are some heavy duty users. I can't wait t pick up my first. Want a heavy duty medium size. Suggestions?

Last edited:
I would go for a two if I were you. It is one beast of a knife.
That 9 sure looks familiar...:D I cannot wait to see this project done. Scout carry has been on of my top choices for ages.

Build up to match thickness of handle is why all the layers.
IMG_20160220_191526_zpsmx0p35ea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A large version of this one.

In the "medium" size you may like the BK-7 (good all-arounder) or the BK-10 Crewman.

That said, sooner or later you will have a BK-9 because, as they say, you can't not have a Nine.

There is also the BK12.

Keep the pics coming.

That makes sense. Looks good thick like that, Just seems like a lot of added weight.

What ounce leather are you using?

And a BK-12 is probably the way I'd go. Great size and design.
But for a real user, can't beat the BK&T-16.

The Sweet 16 surely is sweet.

The 12, 10 or 7 are the mid-range IMO and, as much as I like the 10 and 12, the BK-7 really is the Jack of all trades in the Becker line-up.

BTW, the sheath is shaping up very nicely. It's a rugged HD Mack truck of an affair - fitting for the BK-9 to my thinking. :thumbup::thumbup:

This will be XL Scout carry. Should be interesting.
You BK peeps are some heavy duty users. I can't wait t pick up my first. Want a heavy duty medium size. Suggestions?

Eeexcellent. I've always thought it prudent to carry a knife AND a cudgel! :D

Back up paddle if you're on the river.
If it's riding scout, you can do a little LA sag and have a comfy seat.

I can't wait to see this! It's making me struggle to remember who made that big stout Viking sword BK9 sheath.

IMG_20160304_202333_zpslx1az8zd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Grommets in place. Used for removable scout carry straps or belt carry.

Getting closer.
IMG_20160306_135213_zpsp4tyvlml.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dayum that thing is gonna be awesome. I can never make up my mind between scout and/or dangler for the 9. I modified my 710 kydex to do either/both in case I feel like switching mid-expedition. I think I would choose scout permanently if it wasn't for the interference while hiking a huge pack. For me It's definitely the best of you have thick brush to move through, or if you have to crawl on your belly.

It will be both carry system. Pics soon. Almost done. Then I will build another for the same friend. Different style.

That's the best of both worlds. I wish I had one like this while in NZ. Beautiful work! Do you have a website?

I do not have a website. I need to buy some Beckers so I can build sheaths for them. I like trading.

Back