1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BK9 on the way

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by bikerector, Apr 14, 2019.

1. jamaljahda

jamaljahda

Mar 4, 2009
    I have the 9 also but I like my 7 more. It is my do all knife.

Boss1911 and Xr6x like this.
  2. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I think if I didn't have a swamp rat ratweiler (thin cut), I would have the BK7 and would like it a lot. The ratweiler is still my favorite all-around blade, but I certainly enjoy some of the others as well.

3. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Those are good in knives.

4. cupton

cupton

Dec 17, 2018
    Dang, thats a beast! I just ordered the 10 yesterday (my first Becker) and now I have 9 envy.

GeofS and bikerector like this.
  5. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Well, I don't know if you can have too many Beckers... so certainly both will be a fine choice, eventually. I've always spied on the 10 as well, though I think it's more a looks thing than a practicality thing. I think if you like the handle shape, though, the BK10 should be a sweet knife. For me, the big Becker handle is nice on big knives but feels less suitable for smaller knives. The tweener handles though... nice.

I don't want to put you off from the BK10, because I've never had one so I can't say how good/bad it is, but the BK62 is another superb choice in that size range. I think it's one of the best values out there, including the rest of the Becker line. I'm sure the wood handle don't cost a ton more than the plastic, but I like it a lot more than the standard plastic handles on the others.

cupton likes this.
  6. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    Great purchase! LONG LOVE THE KING!

GeofS likes this.
  7. LoneWolf X

LoneWolf X Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I'm always gladened when I see someone discover their first BK-9; "RIGHT ON!" to ya bikerector! :thumbsup:
    I have a metric ton of knives, from AKC's to ZT's and the BK-9 is my all time favorite! She's got a sublime symmetry that sets her apart from all the others IMO! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Xr6x, GeofS and The Warrior like this.
  8. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    The 9 is a great work horse.

Xr6x and GeofS like this.
  9. jmclfrsh

jmclfrsh Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2012
    I have to admit I own FAR too many knives I really admire, but have never used. I mean a bunch, like over 50.

So when the time came to finally get a 9 - after reading so many great things here about them - I was smart enough to purchase a slightly used one, with the older smooth finish I preferred, and micarta handles already on it, which I wanted as well.

That was a great move.

Since the finish was slightly marred - used, but not abused at all - it gave me the freedom to use it like The King deserves, and wants. To be helpful!

Which made me like it even more, as it is a great tool and a fine companion, my go to when I am brushhogging or just out and about in the woods. One is ready for just about anything with a 9 on their side.

Thank you again, Uncle E!

Xr6x, Crag the Brewer and GeofS like this.
  10. jamaljahda

jamaljahda

Mar 4, 2009
    I will be honest the 9 had to grow on me. I was so in love with my 7. I didnt give the 9 a second thought honestly just purchased cause a I wanted a new blade. Didnt really like the lines the tip was more rounded than my 7 and I was comparing everything to my 7 until I went camping in the wood of sc and my uncle said bring that new knife let's give her a workout. So I brought the bk9 well impressed I was handled everything and to be honest the handle felt better in my hand after long term than my 7(camillus version). I came back from that trip with a new respect for the 9. It batonned wood not needed just did it to test it scaled fish broke ice did some digging and cut rope I did not need it we had tents but hey I was testing it out made a impromptu lean tu using the 9 to cut foliage and limbs. Worked great I now like my 9 but need to get another sheath for it. It sucks and I have replaced the small stainless blade that came with it with a sak

GeofS and bikerector like this.
  11. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I like the idea of replacing the remora with a SAK. I've been toying with the idea of replacing a lot of my piggyback setups with a trapper, SAK farmer, or similar. I got a new appreciation for the little SAK saws after using it for a few remodel projects over the winter/spring.

GeofS and Aikiguy like this.
  12. YellowSwiss

YellowSwiss

Sep 28, 2015
    [​IMG]

GeofS and Xr6x like this.
  13. Roguer

Roguer

Jan 5, 2015
    BK9 is a nice high saber grind multi-tool that works for a living. Its on my short list to take for when got to pack as few as things when going wilderhooding.