Black Lip Pearl collection

I have always loved black lip pearl for it's vivid and radiant colors of blues, greens, reds, purples, and pinks. Like most pearl, to really appreciate it, it must be held and tilted in the light to admire the array of colors. Here is a pic of some of my black lip custom pieces - very difficult to get all the colors to show.
Please post pics of some of your own black lip custom pieces.

BlackLipPearlCollectionClosedx.jpg

BlackLipPearlCollectionOpenx.jpg

I love this "Bunch" of Black-lip pearl beauties!
They could make an amazing page in one of my books..... :)

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

What a great assortment, I love black lip and have several knives with it. It is tough to photograph, I have images I took and a pro took of one of my knives and it looks totally different.

Win

Here is one of Dellana's "Melted Gold" beauties (AKI 2009) with
Black-lip pearl handles.

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

From my next book "The Art Knives of Van Barnett & Dellana" (2011)
Dellana-K05486-%28original%29.jpg

David, that knife's got more "bling" than the phattest South L.A. pimp ever dreamed of having. WOW!!

GREAT stuff shown here. I love black lip. Here is my only piece right now.

Parker_NY08_01-ww.jpg

Wow, great knives, great pictures- thanks for posting! Now, back to drooling, I love black lip pearl.

Wow. This thread is vibrant. Great pics and great knives.

I have always loved black lip pearl for it's vivid and radiant colors of blues, greens, reds, purples, and pinks.
(3) Larry Newton, (3) Jeffrey Harkins, (3) Koji Hara, and (1) Warren Osborne.

Ding ding ding!

It would take me days to sort through the BL radiant pearl shots I've got. I'll let you guys have all the fun. :)

Coop

Thanks all. Finding really good black lip pieces for knife handles is a tough gig - I for one am very picky about colors and the amount of "depth" seen in the piece (almost 3D like). One thing you want to make sure of when shopping for black lip for a future custom knife is to hold the piece up to really bright light...if no light radiates through it will look great with good colors even if it is buffed down some. Spend as much as you can and get quality!

Some REALLY beautiful knives showcased here with black lip!!!! Please keep the pics coming! Coop - need to tap into your vault of black lip knife photos :).

Back