Black Micarta with red liners

"Listen, if I can get a dessert down him, think you could throw in a couple of Paul bunyan hats for the kids?"

Across his chest in scabbards rest
The rows of throwing knives
Whose razor points in challenged tests
Have finished many lives

Very appropriate
One of my favorite bands in high school.
That album was played hundreds of times :thumbsup:

This one turned out damn sexy, John!
That logo on the spine is really, really nice. A unique Redmeadow trait :thumbsup:

Wasn't happy with the original sheath. Made a new one.
20200215_155727-01.jpeg 20200215_155449-01.jpeg 20200215_155542-01.jpeg 20200215_155759-01.jpeg 20200215_155511-01.jpeg
The tip of the blade has a very slight upsweep to it and was causing it to catch every once in a while. Normal sheathing didn't cause it but if you hit it at a certain angle it would catch, that would bother the daylights out of me if it were mine. I know reworking sheaths doesn't get knives out quicker, but at least you get the peace of mind that I'm a stubborn arsehole!:p

Wasn't happy with the original sheath. Made a new one.
View attachment 1284505 View attachment 1284503 View attachment 1284506 View attachment 1284502 View attachment 1284504
The tip of the blade has a very slight upsweep to it and was causing it to catch every once in a while. Normal sheathing didn't cause it but if you hit it at a certain angle it would catch, that would bother the daylights out of me if it were mine. I know reworking sheaths doesn't get knives out quicker, but at least you get the peace of mind that I'm a stubborn arsehole!:p
Great looking work, John!!:thumbsup:
Do you use a stitching pony?

Great looking work, John!!:thumbsup:
Do you use a stitching pony?
I don't, that's something I've been meaning to build for a long time, I could really use one. I either clamp the excess welt in the vise and stitch, or put a boning tool in the vise and put the sheath onto that to secure it.

Back