• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

"Black Widow" Kwaiken! (reposted)

This week I have a kwaiken, or tanto if you prefer, available! Now I don't really know the exact blade grind you would traditionally call this, but I think it is "shinogi zukuri". This is where the grind line is close to the spine, or "mune". But this isn't a strictly "traditional" blade, so we can just call it a high saber grind! Works for me! The blade bevel has a satin finish, but the blade flats above the "shinogi" grind line are polished for a nice contrasting look. The blade steel is Crucible's Cru Forge V, which is an amazing steel for its simplicity. It is a 1% carbon steel with vanadium added to improve overall wear resistance. The heat treatment consisted of normalizing, cycling, annealing, hardening, quenching, and tempering. I didn't want an extremely high hardness on such a knife blade, so after tempering it is right at ~61HRC. The full tang handle is black cotton "ito" wrap over red G10, and underneath it all is a wooden form which rounds off the edges for a more comfortable grip. The guard is a Turks head knot, which is extremely secure once the knot is finished and tightened. The ito wrap as well as the Turks head guard have been epoxy impregnated to ensure they don't move or unwrap during use. The spine has been crowned and polished, much like a traditional katana. Balance point, just in case you might be interested on such a short knife, is right behind the Turks head knot. Feels good in the hand, light and fast! But watch out, it is extremely sharp...and she can bite you!

OAL: 9 1/2"
Blade: 4 3/4"
Handle: 4 3/4"
Thickness: 0.105"
Edge: 0.010", 15° per side, 6 micron
Handle: Black cotton ito over red G10, epoxied
Guard: Black Turks head knot, epoxied

4MHwF1K.jpg

Price is reposted A crazy good deal for such a custom blade! And I will include a felt-lined custom kydex sheath as well as FREE SHIPPING in the USA!!! And as always, the knife carries an unlimited life time "write your own" warranty. Thank you so much for taking a look! (Paypal preferred: samuraistuart@yahoo.com)

Last edited:
Back