Blackwood Knives

I have none of Neil's knives (sob) but hope to change that. He has some great looking knives, all well made!

------------------
Peace

Paul
Custom Knife Purveyor
"We support the new maker!"
I take Paypal. ask me how??
Circle P Knives

I have 2 of Neil's knives, one that he made and I got from Jim (Big Tex) and the other is a beautiful Buck Strider he modified. His attention to detail is wonderful and he is a super guy to deal with. I highly recommend Neil Blackwood....that is for sure!

------------------
~Greg Mete~
Kodiak Alaska

Buck Collectors Club-Lifetime Member
JKM-Chai
KnifeKnutt@aol.com

Frantium,

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ooops..., just realized that the knife is featured in Neil's website. Was that your knife C4 or is it now Neil's 'regular' model?</font>

A little of both, but it is definitely MY KNIFE!! I asked Neil for the blue G-10 handles, with red and white spacers for patriotic reasons. I later emailed
Neil asking him if he could file me a few thumb notches for control. (At that time, I had no idea that you couldn't "just file a few notches" in a Stellite blade...
)

Neil sent me the small tac/utility just before Christmas. I later scanned the knife and sent him a copy of that scan.

I was truly honored to find my scan on his web site. The fit and finish, and the grind of the blade are much better than my picture... (Very sharp, too!)

Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

Has anyone mentioned Neil makes a good knife?

View

Here is a medium Talonite hunter I was lucky enough to buy from Kevin "The Edge Equipment" Pensinger last year while visiting with Neil, Kevin, John, and Pete at Ruby Tuesday's during the Blade Show. The sheath is by Kenny Rowe of Hope, Arkansas. It has a clip on the back rather than a belt loop. I have gotten a lot of positive comments on this Talonite blade from everyone I have shown it to including Rob Simonich.

Neil is a great guy or he really has us fooled and he loves knives. I now have a pocket knife on order from Bill Simons after Neil's recommendation.

It's a shame Neil can't find anyone to say anything nice about him though.....
smile.gif

Well, I guess I just have to echo what everyone else has already said. I ordered a Small Tac Utility a few weeks ago. After I saw this thread, I just had to have those thumb serrations. I emailed him about it yesterday and was told it was no problem. He really enjoys knives and wants you to enjoy the knife he has made for you. He's definatly a good guy.

I heard that Neil had to quit his full time job to catch up on orders. I'm no rocket scientist, but that would lead me to believe that the man cares more about his clients than he does about his own personal security.

Now, I'd be interested in meeting a man with a more profound client philosophy than that ...

What say ye?

Alex Whetsell
AV

This is my one and only (so far!!) Blackwood knife. His miniHawksbill model with rare rag Micarta scales. How Neil made this to fit my hand so perfectly I'll never know. Anyone who has doubts about the functionality of a Hawksbill blade should try one of these!
biggrin.gif

View

Took delivery of this baby while attending ECCKS this weekend...

blackwood_side.jpg

Small Tac/Utility in Stellite 6k with skeletonized G-10 scales and red and white spacers. I absolutely LOVE this knife. It came in a very cool horizontal carry rig that will allow me to sneak this baby into the office very inconspicuously
biggrin.gif

Niel is a real pleasure to work with too.

Great knives, great sheaths, great prices, great service, great person. Who could ask for more?
biggrin.gif

OK, one more pic - here's the knife in the sheath:

blackwood_sheath.jpg

By the way, C4, mines cooler than yours
tongue.gif

So Niel, when ya gonna go full time?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Wulf (edited 03-11-2001).]

Derrick,
Thanks for posting the pictures! I'm glad you like the knife!!!
Last week I got TOTALLY fed up with my full time job. Dealing with half a$$ed managers and engineers that can't do simple math, finally took it's toll on me
smile.gif
I QUIT!!
I will be a full time maker for at least a month while I job hunt. I'm still not at the point with my shop equipment that I would need to be in order to go full time. However..... Last week, working in my shop was probably the most enjoyable, stress free week I've had in years
smile.gif
Full time with knives is my goal!!

Neil

------------------
Talonite......Stellite
Hand Made Knives..High Tech Materials
blackwoodknives.com

Congratulations Neil!

I can't help but wonder, will this month stretch into two months, three months, a year, a lifetime?
smile.gif

As long as you keep up the great work, the orders will keep coming.

Wulf,

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">By the way, C4, mines cooler than yours</font>

A very nice copy! And truly a beautiful knife!!!
smile.gif

Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

C4,Wulf......

I need to come up with a way to make the scales pop on and off like those cell phone faceplates
biggrin.gif

Neil

------------------
Talonite......Stellite
Hand Made Knives..High Tech Materials
blackwoodknives.com

Wulf, C4,

Your knives are both great! BUT they both are copies of mine :p . Heheh...

Neil,

Actualy it would be great if you can come up with replaceable handles. I don't think it will be that difficult?

------------------
Reynaert

[This message has been edited by Frantium (edited 03-13-2001).]

Cool, Neil! I know the feeling of where I work and go to college when it is unorganized and the people don't know the diff between a sneeze and a wet fart! :p I know how happy knifemaking me even when I can only do it over breaks or the summer. I'm glad you are going full time for a bit while looking for a job, can't wait to see some more pics!! HINT HINT!!!!!!

I am currently looking for a summer job/internship now, and will most likely be moving off campus for next year, which means I will have a little shop setup in the basement of the house, so I will be going part time in the fall! Very excited! I made a ton of progress over my last break that was only a week long. I learned a lot about grinding, symetry, designs, etc. I am working on 6 blades of D2 currently on their way to Paul Bos for HT, some of 1095 and O-1, Ht by me
smile.gif
and maybe some other stuff.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=955453

here is my photopoint stuff...been lots of updates lately with new pics!!!

I am enjoying one of your neck tantos with the Koa scales. Good luck in finding better
employment.

Ferrell

Back