Blade Forums = Mob Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed a disturbing trend on BF in the last few years.

Before I get into the nitty and gritty, my main account was created in 2006 with almost 80ish 100% positive sell/trade feedback. Because I've commented and voiced my support for Ganzo knives and believe that they're good values and is not "fake" since it did not try to pass itself off as a BM. Some unethical MOD scrambled my password and changed my email address which effectively locked me out of my account.

I believe if my opinions on BF warranted a ban then that's what should have happened, but I was not banned and my account was simply made inaccessible to me by an unknown MOD who I'm sure held contrary opinions on the subject. I since joined Britishblades and found that my experience here was not unique and a few members there had their account information scrambled because they saw things differently.

Anyways, in protest I made this current account name to perfect illustrate my beliefs and opinion. But many memebers here have been openly hostile towards me simply based on my screen name. Call it bigotry, call it prejudice, call it whatever you want but I never saw any MOD warning off these members who expressed open hostility towards me simply based on my screen name when they got way off topic of the thread.

While a few members here have voice their open mindedness and supported my position but the vast majority of mindless zombies who follows the crowd seems to dominate this board and it's opinion. These same zombies has also been able to hijack all threads opposed to their established belief without recourse.

The bottom line is this, ideas have been copied through out the human history on EVERYTHING since the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time and nothing can change that. I'm against counterfeits but to place some arcane protectionist ideology against blade/handle shapes that is not patented rights or protect by any law is simply MORONIC!!!!!

<snip
...The bottom line is this...
<snip>
Don't preach to us.
And isn't creating a new account to stir the pot once banned previously against the rules, and are you admitting to that in this post?
------
If a company finds it acceptable to use another companies technology, idea, or anything else that can be construed as another entities goods or intellectual property, without written (and preferably disclosed) consent, I find them to be shady and I will not do business with them at all.
Be it if they do this for one knife, or for every knife.

Once found to be a liar or thief, it is hard to gain trust back. If they use another companies "go-to" item, that is known for said brand (and presumed to be protected) without consent, then they are akin to thieves in my eyes.

Don't preach to us.
And isn't creating a new account to stir the pot once banned previously against the rules, and are you admitting to that in this post?
------
If a company finds it acceptable to use another companies technology, idea, or anything else that can be construed as another entities goods or intellectual property, without written (and preferably disclosed) consent, I find them to be shady and I will not do business with them at all.
Be it if they do this for one knife, or for every knife.

Once found to be a liar or thief, it is hard to gain trust back. If they use another companies "go-to" item, that is known for said brand (and presumed to be protected) without consent, then they are akin to thieves in my eyes.

Can you read? I was not banned, some one a MOD hijacked my account. By your own definition you just black listed all knife companies because they have all copied and "stole" ideas from each other at one point or another.

I believe you can like/buy anything you feel like. However ganzo clearly makes exact copiesof currently produced high quality knives, taking advantage of other companies design and development cost. For that ganzo and you by association will have to deal with whatever you get from those that take stealing personally.

Can you read? I was not banned, some one a MOD hijacked my account.
That sounds like speculation... Has a different mod or Spark corroborated this?

Thank you for the insult. I am the first person to reply to your thread, and you resort to insults...

Absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
I can tell you with the current software configuration, it's not possible for a mod to in any way mess with your credentials to lock you out.
The only way we have to "lock you out" is to outright ban you.. We do not see your email address that I have found. That information is Sparks and his alone.
Not sure in the previous software- I was a red mod and had access to the same tools I do here in the CRK forum..but didn't really look for any information than tools to move, lock, unlock posts..Mostly anyway. Don't remember seeing email address information at all.

Not sure on the accusations of mods not stepping up. I don't remember seeing any reports of these attacks.
To put it another way, we don't read every thread..There is no way we can so we depend on the reports to act.

That sounds like speculation... Has a different mod or Spark corroborated this?

Thank you for the insult. I am the first person to reply to your thread, and you result to insults...

Absolutely fantastic.

My original account Neomentat is still active, although it could not be migrated to the current web engine.

I see your point against the common opinion here. I imagine it is tough to be in the minority here, especially on such a polarizing topic. I hold my opinion on this topic which I will withhold because it is besides the point of my post.

I really don't know what you hope to achieve with this? I don't see this as a constructive thread to try and educate or enlighten those who you believe are close minded. This falls under the blowing off steam or rant style attack thread that gets derailed (rightfully so) and banished to the festering underworld of W&C to be torn apart, or, if you're lucky simply locked.

My original account Neomentat is still active, although it could not be migrated to the current web engine.
And have you persued this?
Have you personally contacted xenforo?
Have you done the leg work, or just sit back and cry and whine, like this thread shows...

I have noticed a disturbing trend on BF in the last few years.

Before I get into the nitty and gritty, my main account was created in 2006 with almost 80ish 100% positive sell/trade feedback. Because I've commented and voiced my support for Ganzo knives and believe that they're good values and is not "fake" since it did not try to pass itself off as a BM. Some unethical MOD scrambled my password and changed my email address which effectively locked me out of my account.

I believe if my opinions on BF warranted a ban then that's what should have happened, but I was not banned and my account was simply made inaccessible to me by an unknown MOD who I'm sure held contrary opinions on the subject. I since joined Britishblades and found that my experience here was not unique and a few members there had their account information scrambled because they saw things differently.

Anyways, in protest I made this current account name to perfect illustrate my beliefs and opinion. But many memebers here have been openly hostile towards me simply based on my screen name. Call it bigotry, call it prejudice, call it whatever you want but I never saw any MOD warning off these members who expressed open hostility towards me simply based on my screen name when they got way off topic of the thread.

While a few members here have voice their open mindedness and supported my position but the vast majority of mindless zombies who follows the crowd seems to dominate this board and it's opinion. These same zombies has also been able to hijack all threads opposed to their established belief without recourse.

The bottom line is this, ideas have been copied through out the human history on EVERYTHING since the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time and nothing can change that. I'm against counterfeits but to place some arcane protectionist ideology against blade/handle shapes that is not patented rights or protect by any law is simply MORONIC!!!!!

Just because people disagree with your opinion doesn't make them mindless zombies; just because a bunch of people disagree with you doesn't make their opinion dismiss-able as 'mob mentality'.

Personal details on this forum are not accessible or modifiable by a mod; that would be extremely poor security and incredibly stupid of Spark to allow (if that's even an option, which I doubt). According to Occam's Razor the solution with the least assumptions is most likely to be the correct one, and I think there are plenty more assumptions when declaring mod abuse and persecution than there are in realizing you probably forgot your password and your opinion is wrong.

Huh?
Lemme get this straight. This is a forum full of people who are knife hobbiests, and love the knife making industry. They get upset when you promote something that objectively hurts that industry.

Then you go to another forum full of of people who are knife hobbiests, and love the knife making industry. They get upset when you promote something that objectively hurts that industry.

I refer you to Jack Rosenblum.

"If one person tells you you're a horse , they are crazy. If three people tell you you're a horse, There's conspiracy afoot. If ten people tell you you're a horse,it's time to buy a saddle."

OP - do you have any evidence showing that a mod changed your email to lock you out? Evenif your email is changed, can't you still log in (which if I am correct only requires your login name and password) and post. I am confused. And it is hard for me to believe any mod would do sth like that.

I generally am against judging people by their screen names, but in your case I may take an exception (although I have not said anything nasty about you iirc). Ganzo blatantly steals other successful companies' ideas and designs. By your current screen name, you are not only supporting what Ganzo does but also kind of advertising/advocating for it every time you post. That is where people have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back