• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review Blade HQ Customer Service

Hmm that's surprising to hear, I have bought from them many times and the handful of times I've had issues their CS has been very good. Hopefully someone from their CS team can address this and get it worked out, probably with a modest gift card to smooth things over with you.

I wouldn't describe myself as a "shill" but I do generally recommend them (along with Cutlery Shoppe, Knifeworks and House of Blades).

Once I got a Boker AK that was sharpened by a drunk 7 year old and had lockup problems, another time I had a Kershaw auto never show up. Case A they sent me a return label and case B is a little amusing...they sent another one, which I got. Then, literally 6 months later, the other randomly showed up one day. I called BHQ after hours and left a message saying I had it, called again and spoke to someone who deferred to a manager who wasn't in (ie another message), I sent an email that was never replied to so I ended up just keeping it, they didn't seem to want it back!

I've never had a problem with BHQ but I think there was another thread here describing a similar situation, just being unresponsive. Both were to emails, I think, but I can't remember how the phone convo's went with that one.

This is the thread, it was based around some lengthy return issues.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/resolved.1598467/

Yeah email. 100% reliable all the time. Not really.

Sounds like you're sleeping in the bed you made. Too bad.

Placed many order with them, only real issues were a tendency to ship large fixed blades in padded mailers instead of boxes, and using USPS Priority Mail padded envelopes, that you pick up at the Post Office for mailing things Priority Mail, and then instead using them as bubble wrap inside other packages. They get free bubble wrap that way, but it costs all of us in the long run.

First, I’m not a BHQ shill although I buy from them on a fairly regular basis.

There’s no excuse for a customer service rep to fail as badly as the one handling your call, but I think some of the burden falls upon you.

In a time sensitive situation like this, never rely on email. I’ve had decent luck with email comms with BHQ but it’s always a 24-48 hour thing.

When your first line CSR failed you, ask for a supervisor... and “yes, I will hold, but what is a callback number I can get you at in case we get disconnected?”. The person you were speaking to may be new, or just broken up with GF/BF or hung over from a long night.

If you approach situations from the standpoint that you’ll get bad service but you’ll overcome it, it usually comes out better. It’s generally a disappointment if you expect strangers to have empathy and share your urgency.

Good luck getting this resolved.

No empathy....I think you have a case for a class action suit.

Sorry, but I am a little wary of those that join the forum(today) for the sole purpose of posting their negative buying experiences.

I have my reservations about a first time post being to gripe but if we post solid advice and criticism to how a situation is handled all can read and learn.

While I agree that email is not the best way to handle an urgent request, if what the OP says is true the phone call was not much more successful than the email. How large of a staff does BHQ have that the kines of communication are so complicated?

I would have probably started with a phone call, because emails are worthless with organizations of any size, especially in a situation where you require a timely response. I'd have called first thing. That said, about the time I became aware of the understanding that the customer service person was not interested in helping me, or providing me with the level of service I felt the circumstances dictated, I'd have immediately ceased trying to further explain or discuss the situation with that particular CS person and asked to speak with a supervisor. I haven't personally had any issues with BHQ, but then, I generally do not wait until last minute, or even near term, to arrange gifts. Not trying to judge you, your personal situation may have necessitated it, but me, I'll have a planned gift in hand at least a few months out specifically so I am not trying to madscramble at the last minute to get something done that may or may not be what I wanted to do.

Hi M Mo Depa ,

My name is Mark and I am the CEO here at Blade HQ. Will you send me a PM with your order number?

I will look into this personally and get this handled for you. I am not sure what happened with our CS team, but they are typically much more responsive than that. I am surprised to hear that you went this long without hearing anything from us. As to the rep on the phone, I will talk to them tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

Mark

I have had one experience with BHQ CS.
Bought 2 LUDTs. Both springs broke in less than 2 months. Couldn’t get a reply from a few phone calls to Microtech.
Called, no mails, BHQ. They sent me a return label, on them, and handled the warranty repairs.
Had the knives back in a month.
Most excellent CS and I’m no shill.

BladeHQ BladeHQ is a supporting member here so I am tagging them maybe this will get some attention to the issue. I would say that for me if I sent the email on an urgent matter and it did not get a replay I would have called Sat. or Mon. and not sent a 2nd email.

They are closed Sat. I did end up calling also, but tried the 2nd email at the alternative email address (the first email was through their webpage which uses a 3rd party).

I would assume he meant relying on email but I can only guess anyhow I suggest you contact Mark of BHQ as he requested. To PM you will need a paid membership but you can also post to his profile with some of the information he needs to look into a resolution to your issue.

Sorry, but I am a little wary of those that join the forum(today) for the sole purpose of posting their negative buying experiences.
Wow, that's neither insightful or helpful in any way.

But if you think about it, this is a great place to come for the purpose of posting about a negative buying experience. I knew a lot of the dealer's employees would be on the site and just as I suspected, I was able to actually get a response from the dealer in less time than the emails or phone call took, and my issue is now being looked into.

Sorry my first post couldn't have been more interesting for you though.

Hi M Mo Depa ,

My name is Mark and I am the CEO here at Blade HQ. Will you send me a PM with your order number?

I will look into this personally and get this handled for you. I am not sure what happened with our CS team, but they are typically much more responsive than that. I am surprised to hear that you went this long without hearing anything from us. As to the rep on the phone, I will talk to them tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

Mark
Thanks Mark. I'm not paying for a membership for this forum, but my order is BHQ-1703611

Back