• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Blade HQ slow shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made 2 purchases from Blade HQ and both times have been poor experiences. I know they have an outstanding reputation and I'm a new (1st post) member, but I'm not trolling.

The first purchase was made on Wednesday 3-4-15 at 3 p.m. cst. I paid $30 for 2 day shipping. The knives were not shipped until 4 p.m. Friday 3-6-16. The package arrived Tuesday 3-11-15 at 1 p.m. however I had to leave town for work the day before and would not return home for a full month.

I decided to give them another try, I ordered 1 knife Tuesday 6-16-15 at 12 p.m. cst, in the "notes" on the order I even expressed my disgust (politely) with the delay on my previous order. Once again 2 days later Thursday 6-18-15 at 11 a.m., I receive a shipment confirmation with an invalid tracking number, so it probably won't actually be shipped until this evening. This time I did not pay for 2 day shipping. I will be home this weekend and leave town again for work Monday, if my Knife is not there by then I will no longer do business with Blade HQ. No one else that I've ordered from takes that long to get knives in the mail, whether it be a business or an individual.

Call me impatient if you like, but as I said I am not home very often so I try to place my orders to where they will arrive when I am at home.

That's to bad. I have had the exact opposite in my experience with them . I understand where you are coming at because even if you ship USPS you get your gear in three days or less. Maybe some of the items you purchased had to be shipped to them and then off to you due to low stock or something .

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with them, like the post above, I've had nothing but great experiences with them. I always opt for free shipping and still receive the items in 3-4 days despite living on the East coast. I've ordered from them at least 25 times. The only place I'be had a shipping issue with was House of Blades. I ordered a ZT 0808 from them and didn't receive it until 8 days later despite contacting them 3 times to find out why the tracking hadn't changed from shipping label created. I sent 3 e-mails and none of them were replied to. Needless to say I haven't ordered from them since. BladeHQ on the other hand has always exceeded my expectations.

I recently had a similar experience where i bought something this past friday and wasn't shipped until tuesday. I was told 48 hours is their fullfilment time and that my order fell within that time...... i guess when companies get larger it takes a bit more for everything to work. They have usually been very good about shipping same or next day, but not this time.

I understand and I will admit that it's been right at the 48 hr time frame on both orders, but for that to happen to me both times I've done business with them, and both times (potentially) be very inconvenient for my circumstances, I just honestly feel like my money would be better spent elsewhere.

I know that it's very rare to see anyone complain about them, but all I can say is they dropped the ball twice on me.

I've made 2 purchases from Blade HQ and both times have been poor experiences. I know they have an outstanding reputation and I'm a new (1st post) member, but I'm not trolling.

The first purchase was made on Wednesday 3-4-15 at 3 p.m. cst. I paid $30 for 2 day shipping. The knives were not shipped until 4 p.m. Friday 3-6-16. The package arrived Tuesday 3-11-15 at 1 p.m. however I had to leave town for work the day before and would not return home for a full month.

I decided to give them another try, I ordered 1 knife Tuesday 6-16-15 at 12 p.m. cst, in the "notes" on the order I even expressed my disgust (politely) with the delay on my previous order. Once again 2 days later Thursday 6-18-15 at 11 a.m., I receive a shipment confirmation with an invalid tracking number, so it probably won't actually be shipped until this evening. This time I did not pay for 2 day shipping. I will be home this weekend and leave town again for work Monday, if my Knife is not there by then I will no longer do business with Blade HQ. No one else that I've ordered from takes that long to get knives in the mail, whether it be a business or an individual.

Call me impatient if you like, but as I said I am not home very often so I try to place my orders to where they will arrive when I am at home.

-Corey-,

I apologize. You have every right to be frustrated.

I looked into what happened and discovered a couple of things that caused a delay with your package. With your first order (in March) the shipping manager held the order since it was your first order with us, a high dollar amount, and express shipping (something we see on a lot of fraudulent orders) and they contacted you. They asked for an ID and received the ID on Friday the 6th. Once they determined you had placed the order, they released the hold and shipped the package. Unfortunately, that also happened to be right around when Texas was experiencing weather problems, and there was a weather delay on your package from UPS that we couldn't do anything about. It looks like once the package was shipped it took a lot longer than two days to get to you.

On the second order, I don't know what is going on with that tracking number. Our fulfillment team has been a little bit behind this week and last, since one of the members of our team has been dealing with a personal tragedy. He is back at work today, and things should pick up.

I want to make it right, so I have gone ahead and had someone intercept the package and we have changed the shipping method from first class to express shipping. That way you should receive the package by Monday, no problem. I will get you the new tracking number emailed as soon as I have it.

Once again, I am sorry. Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

I recently had a similar experience where i bought something this past friday and wasn't shipped until tuesday. I was told 48 hours is their fullfilment time and that my order fell within that time...... i guess when companies get larger it takes a bit more for everything to work. They have usually been very good about shipping same or next day, but not this time.

Usually our fulfillment time is faster than that, but this week has been tougher due to the situation I alluded to earlier. We have things back up to speed now, and hopefully everything will be running more smoothly. Sorry.

With a half dozen orders or so, everyone was shipped quickly and I've received them in 3 days or less - regular ground shipping. Outstanding has been my experience.

- Rick

-Corey-,

I apologize. You have every right to be frustrated.

I looked into what happened and discovered a couple of things that caused a delay with your package. With your first order (in March) the shipping manager held the order since it was your first order with us, a high dollar amount, and express shipping (something we see on a lot of fraudulent orders) and they contacted you. They asked for an ID and received the ID on Friday the 6th. Once they determined you had placed the order, they released the hold and shipped the package. Unfortunately, that also happened to be right around when Texas was experiencing weather problems, and there was a weather delay on your package from UPS that we couldn't do anything about. It looks like once the package was shipped it took a lot longer than two days to get to you.

On the second order, I don't know what is going on with that tracking number. Our fulfillment team has been a little bit behind this week and last, since one of the members of our team has been dealing with a personal tragedy. He is back at work today, and things should pick up.

I want to make it right, so I have gone ahead and had someone intercept the package and we have changed the shipping method from first class to express shipping. That way you should receive the package by Monday, no problem. I will get you the new tracking number emailed as soon as I have it.

Once again, I am sorry. Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.
Classy move :thumbup: BHQ doesn't ship to my area so I don't have any first hand dealings with you guys.

I appreciate the gesture of the shipping upgrade. I figured that was the hold up on the first order, but I had emailed the pics within 30 minutes of them being requested, so I was still unhappy about a 2 day delay. I'm not here to bash you guys though, your reputation speaks for itself and I commend you for striving to make every customer happy. Unfortunately my two experiences have been sub par but at least you're willing to try to make it right.

I've never had an issue with any of the dealers here, including BladeHQ. Props to BladeHQ for handling the situation so well.

Never had any shipping issues with them. BladeHq has always quickly responded to my emails too.

I appreciate the gesture of the shipping upgrade. I figured that was the hold up on the first order, but I had emailed the pics within 30 minutes of them being requested, so I was still unhappy about a 2 day delay. I'm not here to bash you guys though, your reputation speaks for itself and I commend you for striving to make every customer happy. Unfortunately my two experiences have been sub par but at least you're willing to try to make it right.

Your right about that.. Most companies wouldn't even responded to you much less looked into why your first package was delayed. Never mind the second.

Wow, Blade HQ is awesome. Thank you for showing up and trying to make things right for the op.

Overall, BladeHQ ships orders fast. I have ordered with them consistently since February 2013.

However, I noticed a delay with my order of Thursday, June 11th at 12:55pm PT. The shipment notification was on Saturday, June 13th at 8:40am PT but it didn't ship until Monday, June 15th at 6:48pm PT. I received it on Wednesday, June 17th at 9:54am PT. This order was the slowest one for me from BladeHQ!

that's really cool of bhq to chime in and give an apology/explanation. i'm curious if they refunded your $30 on shipping for the 1st order. that would seem the appropriate thing to do.

that's really cool of bhq to chime in and give an apology/explanation. i'm curious if they refunded your $30 on shipping for the 1st order. that would seem the appropriate thing to do.

No but I never contacted them when that happened. The way I looked at it was that even if they refunded the money I still wasn't going to be satisfied with the fact that it would be a month before I got back home to actually get my knives. So rather than call them and be rude out of frustration, I just chalked that up as a loss.

I don't have a dog in hunt here, and expect good service like anyone else; however, I know that Blade HQ was the prime sponsor for the Blade 2015 and that had to put something of a drain on their resources. I tend to cut companies a little slack when I know big events are going on like Blade, SHOT Show, etc. I've waited a couple of months for knives to return from Chris Reeve's service shop during SHOT show, The Gathering, etc. I happens. Good companies such as BHQ usually step in (such as above) and make it right in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back