Blade Show 2002- A Contest

Mr Dwyer you stated "You guys have gotten WAY too weird about this."

What did you expect with this bunch???? :p :rolleyes: :p

Very good Jerry Loved the response, Toms too, but yours was best Jerry.
I just plan on having a great time
Tom it's true you and Jerry have been making knives much longer than I. So I'm sure at your age the eyes are starting to blurr,hands getting a little shakey,you forget what your doing, I'll try to go easy on you it's Rob,Duane,and Mick you should be worried about.

KnifeBomber,Whats wrong with asian hookers?I prefer them!
I hope noone is taking this personally were just talkin smack for the sake of competition. I don't care who wins ,this is just for fun anyway.

This has gotten a little weird, so here is what I am going to do, you guys do what you want! First off my priorities are....

1) Have fun! See old friends and meet new ones at the show and drink some beer with them.

2) Have fun! This includes drinking mucho Guiness, telling stories and hearing good stories! I plan on giving Duane a run for his money on the beer drinking! :D

3) Have fun! Come away refreshed with new ideas for new knives. Drink some more Guiness.

4) Have fun! Sell enough knives to pay for the show. Have another Guiness.

5) Have fun! Get home to my family safely so i can do it again in 2003! With more Guiness of course.

6) Have fun! Drink more Guiness! :D

I prepaid for and end table so my booth share should be mostly paid for if I transfer the funds, which Mary said she could at the Strider table when we talked to her about it. So I wont put my knife in any competition, but I will sell it and pay my share of the booth and whats left Ill donate to a charity such as Make a Wish Foundation.

So what do you guys think of that Swan Song? :)

Guy,
I just think all these bowies should be SATIN finished. haha..... I know everyone loves that .

Liong :D

Tom,
Would love to see what happens when you guys do this But when
it comes to putting the beer down!!Somehow Vince (from BladeArt)
will join you guys,drinking,I don't think Duane or any of you guys
are in his league,then Larry will buy the Combat Bowie!:D
jim

No, not sweet like a damn Onion! Just sweet.
I guess I need to be the one to say it though...

I don't think that giving the money to a charity needs to be a goal here. Feel free to disagree if you choose. Im not trying to be a dick head. Just the opposite.
If everyone wants to do it, Im all for it. But knife makers work for most of the year to come to this show. Most makers, I have noticed, are far from rich. They come to the show to earn money. Lets let them do it. Everyone can throw into a donation pot if they choose to.
But Im not going to make anyone feel they need to give away their best work.
Everyone involved has been exemplary in their support and donations.
I would like to see everyone's best.
I would also like to make sure they are happy with the project.
Therefor:
(in my opinion)
1. There is a $200 entry fee. Anyone can play. All entry fee money will be donated to whomever.
2. Your knife will be a "fighting" knife with a blade length of more than 5.5.
3. All entries will be held in display together until mid day on Sunday.
4. Winner gets full bragging rights

Just my 2 cents.
Any thoughts?

Mick

This thing really likes to change my punctuation

Mick, that is what I am looking for, simplicity! If it stays as simple as you suggest, I am in. Lets just keep it simple as I am not very smart and have a hard time keeping track of details! :D

By the way, has anyone talked to Mary Lutz lately about the booths?

I talked to Mary when she called me about cancelling my table. It sounded like everything was go, but I pushed her a little for some prime real estate.

I know Im a little slow...but bear with me!
First you explain how we are all broke.........and then come up with a $200 entry fee???????? We already have to pay big bucks for the booths....and I have to come 4000 miles. I say we limit it to the 6 people already involved......and we sell our knives just like normal. Contest is for fun and the winner gets dinner and a few beers.
And the guy above who thinks Vinny is in a class by himself has NEVER been anywhere near Duane or Rob!!!!!!!!!!
My $ .02
As I have stated again and again.......majority wins...but thats how I feel. I give a lot to my church. I keep the rest!! :p:):p:):p

Now see!!! That's what I'm talking about!
I threw in the $200 bucks thing because it seemed as if everyone wanted to be charitable.
So... here we have it...
The Fabulous Six, each build a fighting knife with a blade over 5.5 inches.
The winner has full bragging rights.

End of story!

Mick

Jerry, I didn't get your mail...

Ohhh MAN! THe blades are all going to be friggin rusty by Sunday from all the drool!!

Back