Blade Show 2002- A Contest

Guys, sorry if I sounded whiney or bitchy. I have been fighting a bad infection for over a month and if I am not better by tyhe end of the week i will be hospitilized. Also, Friday a friend and fellow local knifemaker ate his gun and that was quite a shock as well. So I appologize for not being as exuberant as I should be. Also, I am not looking for or want pity, I just want to feel better and get some knives built! :) I got to say it is shaping up to be a great time in Atlanta, and whatever you guys decide on the contest is fine with me and I will give it my best! Carry on.

This is great! We have some of the best knifemakers in the world(IMHO)gracing us with their talent and and wit. I love this forum.

Did that sound a little like A*s kissing? Sorry, I meant to say "Leave Mick and Duane alone so they can make more things for me to spend what little money I have left on!"

Seriously, I can't wait to see the results of this one, it should be awesome!

We really need to get a small stencil made so we can mark each of these six blades as the Blade 2002 Combat Knives or something like that. We could then use the mark on any copies we make of that same knife afterwards.

Of course Ken can mark his a little differently, maybe "weenie"! :)

Ken can even come up with a special concealment rig, to fit inside that big rip in his pants!!:p (BAKCA joke, right up there with Vince Oller eating sashimi...)

SGT Fitts

Weenie, is that it Jerry?Cmon you can do better than that!

Rob ,sorry to here you've been ill hope you get better soon bro!You gotta help me spank these jerryatric old farts in the competition(pun intended):D :D

ha ha Good pun there Ken.

Here is an idea on the judging. There are 6 of us here in the contest. How about ONLY the six of us vote on DSunday, the only rule would be you cant vote for your own knife! If there needs to be a tie breaker, we can snag someone from the aisle that none of us knows to cast the tie breaker. Or we could get Sabrina to vote! By just us voting, it pretty much eliminates the need for a "panel of judges" What do you think?

Another way is for all 6 of us to judge the other knives on a point system like they do in the show competitions. Scores of 1 to 10 for various criteria.

Why not Tom, keeps it at a peer level, rather that let our fan clubs vote. I believe every one of us would vote honestly, but if our loyal customers vote then the Charlie Foxtrot factor raises its ugly head. :p

This sounds good! All you guys vote, but not for yourselves! I can't wait to see the results!

As for my being able to put away more than Duane...I don't think ANYONE can put away more than Duane and still appear at a show looking like he had a full night's sleep! Heck even Rob looked a little bleary eyed at Blade '01! Ken always looks like Ken no matter how late (or inebriated) he gets!:eek: :D and Tom...well he's Tom!;)

Vince
:D

Vince, I felt bleary eyed! I think the reason was me, Ken, and Larry Chew didnt get to bed till 4am. I dont think it was the beer, I think it was that Coneyak I drank with the Cuban cigar you guys gave me! :p

Mick, the biz card deal sounds good!

Rob, Ken & Tom,
You guys mean to tell me my buddy Vince streached the truth??:D You all mean he didn't put everyone under the table??:D
JIM

OUT****INGSTANDING!
Now I'm happy! (especially since we don't have to do all that counting for the 1 to 10 judging sytem!)
The booth space is all locked on, however I will call Mary once more and reconfirm.
How are you Mr. Rob? Hpe you are feeling better.
And Tom ... you need to stop and breath deeply for a while. we want you to live through this.
Sounds like everything is pretty much wrapped up but here's one more thought; I think we should keep a running auction, silent or not, going for each piece until the end of the day Sun. What about it?
Then we can also create a whole gambling line on who gets the most dough!
We could hire a bookie to run it all and just rake in the $$$ just off the betting!!! And we could have some hookers and an opium den and guns and Guinness IV's with football on a big screen TV and a BBQ going and Ken can bring Steven Segal to hang out with us!
Well maybe I'm a little too excited about this.
I better go now.
Duane

Back