Blade Show Scores

Not really. @CPK Mark had us sign up for numbers to be used for current and future "shenanigans". As long as the thread with the assigned numbers continues to be available, they can pick random numbers from that pool.

But, I say that not as a suggestion of how things should be done, but as a way that things can be done without creating more work.

(For example, picking 20 unique numbers out of a pool of 300. The only thing would be to determine whether the numbers correspond with someone wanting a knife. If not, then there would be a need to proceed to the next number on the list.

So you are right, there can be some additional work involved in that regard.)
Right. That lottery is where I got my reaper. I was under the impression that if you won a reaper, your number wouldn't be selected again.
That would imply some kind of tracking, but I could be wrong.

Right. That lottery is where I got my reaper. I was under the impression that if you won a reaper, your number wouldn't be selected again.
That would imply some kind of tracking, but I could be wrong.
Or upon the integrity of the forum members. That is unless they went by the moniker "Dibs McGee". Then all bets are off. ;)

if it were a lottery it would be equal for everyone.

the way it's set up now.....

I shudder at my chances.

I said that the process is equal... not that certain people (select forum keyboard ninjas) often seem better adept at it than others. 🤨

If your timing is right... along with some quick and nimble dexterity... it is possible to score.

Also those bigger/higher quantity CPK sales do help to increase ones chances.

I’ve got five of my six CPKs second hand. The one CPK I bought from a Friday sale, I don’t remember it being to bad to get in because I actually remembered and refreshed the page at 12 on the dot. Unfortunately if you forget it’s game over, but if you can standby the second the sale starts your odds are pretty good. Of course my opinion doesn’t mean much 😂

Last year was awesome but really only because of the knives. I didnt have the greatest time last year. This year the knives yet again kicked ass but man the people. So many individual moments with this community and beyond. So many pics ive still not even looked at. Overall a success. Micheal brother thank you for giving me the chance to show you around. Thank you for the amazing sheath, the holy shit bifold spyderco I never even touched before you so kindly just gave it to me but moreover your selfless ways and friendship 👊

We're on vacation this week and this is the first time I have been awake to catch up on some emails and the forums since I left home before the show.

As always the show was amazing but I got to spend some more quality time with the CPK crew and my customers this year as well as more time roaming the floor. Bringing DrBC DrBC his K-18 and sheath was a great experience, even though I could have sold it 20 times over just walking into the hotel Thursday night and Cobb Friday morning.

Just some feedback on the team for those of you who can't make it... Mark is one of those guys we only occasionally hear from but he is really well regarded in the industry. I carried his folder every day and while I was out and about showed it to plenty of makers. Of course Todd Begg knew who made it right away but so did many others and if they didn't, most saw some of the Begg influences right away, even ones I didn't know. The Carolina Reapers he brought sold out before the first wave of runners hit their table of choice Friday morning, what I saw of them were all spectacular.

Meeting and getting to know Lorien was a highlight of the show for me. It was a pleasure getting to know him better and our industry is better for having him in it. His knives and leatherwork are all amazing. Looking forward to that Albatross around my neck my friend :thumbsup:

It is always tough for me not to buy a bunch of the special CPK's on the table and all I could do to pass on one of the Basic's, but I did. If I could I'd spend the first 10 minutes of each Blade Friday at their table instead of mine. Amazing work as always.

I have to remember I do this for a living and can't spend more than I make, so I only had two Blade scores. One is an iconic blade from a long time friend, mentor and soon to be retired maker, Jerry Hossom and the other is a folder I have been wanting a while and this one kind of sang to me, it's one of Spartan's 2023 limited runs, full size of course.

IMG_0687.jpg

Last edited:
yoko yoko sorry friend, but please look away

D dericdesmond i (man)love you
F48E347A-07E3-4EA7-8C4A-3C6F75D01015.jpeg
18CD35C2-2409-4458-9498-8A3DD928D9D6.jpeg
Chamfered and swedged... noice!!

76A44269-08FB-4E20-936E-0CE2C9F8B357.jpeg
The Reaper's ergos are likely up there with the best in the tactical EDC industry.

tenor.gif

Back