BladeForums has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards threats of violence & extremism. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Regardless of your opinion on how the 2020 Presidential Election was carried out, or the results, I want to make it ABSOLUTELY, 100% CLEAR that we WILL NOT TOLERATE calls for violence, threats of government overthrow, calls for coup or terrorism or other extremism.

We are the foremost knife community on the planet. We need to set the example. We have politics confined to the Political Arena for a reason, and you are expected to conduct yourself with civility & a calm head on your shoulders.

Right now, the Biden Administration is talking about pushing through "Domestic Terrorism" measures that will make the PATRIOT ACT look mild. Multiple websites have been deplatformed recently because they failed to moderate their members, including AR-15.com, the largest gun community that I know of. I do not want to see that happen here.

If you see violence, threats, or other such behavior support us by reporting it and WE WILL TAKE ACTION. I will err on the side of caution & will be banning people who try to skirt this; this isn't a time to test limits.

I & the mod team appreciate your assistance. God Bless America, I pray we will get through this period with our Republic intact.

Might want to go through and scrub the PA threads on the recent events at the capital. Let's not have the PA get the whole place shut down.

I don't think Bladeforums would be worse off if the entire Politics subforum were scrubbed, to be honest.

I agree with this.

Got to agree, I come here to learn about knives. Plenty of politics forums for those who want to discuss that sort of stuff :thumbsup:

BF is one of the few places I can still retreat to online each day, to find relaxation and some normalcy apart from all the chaos in the world right now. Very good to see here, that the right priorities are being set and enforced as they need to be. Losing this oasis right now would be just one more meaningless tragedy we really don't need.

Much Thanks. :thumbsup:

Kudos on getting ahead of this issue before it becomes an issue. As a recent refugee from a jurisdiction with draconian knife laws (potential felony charges for any locking knife or any blade over 3"), it has been liberating to be able to acquire tool knives with the safety feature of a locking blade. (Admittedly, the fidget factor is also a guilty pleasure.) The best way to preserve knife rights is to de-politicize knife ownership (and show some discretion around those who are uncomfortable around blades). Any discussion of violence undermines the hearts and minds 'knives are tools not weapons' argument that law-abiding knife owners need to push to preserve their rights.

The political subform has become a little bit of an alt-right echo chamber. Level-headed rational folks are branded "lefties" there and derided as "libtards", whatever that is. It's not a very moderate sub and I think it stinks up the place. While I wouldn't suggest removing it, I do think that it should be hidden from our front page in much the same manner as whine and cheese. And it might benefit from a little bit more even moderation.

I recently lost a customer because I do almost all of my business on Bladeforums and he told me he did not want to support the site because of that sub. I don't agree with that mindset, but that did just happen and it does affect me. In my opinion that sub is a little bit embarrassing and should be hidden.

I don't think Bladeforums would be worse off if the entire Politics subforum were scrubbed, to be honest.
Another vote to scrub it.
Spark Spark The PA is likely a liability with little to no upside. A handful of people, some supposedly with jobs, bicker by the minute all day. The content is frequently that which would reflect poorly on our community.
Many of the participants have few posts outside PA, and assuming that other venues stay open, could/should argue politics elsewhere.

The political subform has become a little bit of an alt-right echo chamber. Level-headed rational folks are branded "lefties" there and derided as "libtards", whatever that is. It's not a very moderate sub and I think it stinks up the place. While I wouldn't suggest removing it, I do think that it should be hidden from our front page in much the same manner as whine and cheese. And it might benefit from a little bit more even moderation.

I recently lost a customer because I do almost all of my business on Bladeforums and he told me he did not want to support the site because of that sub. I don't agree with that mindset, but that did just happen and it does affect me. In my opinion that sub is a little bit embarrassing and should be hidden.
I'm fairly certain the PA forum is in fact hidden, you need a membership to even see the link to it I believe. That aside everything you said about it is true, it's not even really a political forum so much as it is an echo chamber with incredibly biased mod. I am one more for scrubbing it.

We're not purging the PA. I've made my position known. If your customers refuse to do business with you, not because of your work, but because you patronize a site that has people with diverse opinions, then that sounds like a customer who isn't worth having and would continue to make ultimatums until you are completely at their mercy. Certain extremist groups use this tactic & literal physical violence to prevent people from exercising free speech rights in public because they want you scared.

You have freedom to use it, or not. If you don't, your voice is not heard.

These are strange times. I think folks overall could benefit from more civility - too much hate in the world as it is.

I've been on forums where there is no designated corner for politics. As a result, such topics leak out all over the place and it creates bad blood in a hurry. Having a section where one can be directed to in order to discuss such topics is a smart feature - it keeps things contained and should one bring up a particularly flavorful subject in the general forums, they can be moved or told to take it to the figurative "smoking area".

In the end, I am here for the knives and the good buddies - I won't be letting politics get in the way of that.

Last edited:

Sorry that you lost a customer over something that you did not post or have control over.

However, I find your comment about “level-headed rational folks” being branded leftists insulting. It implies that anyone that is conservative is not “level-headed.” This just is not the case. There are rational people on both sides of the political fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back