BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

Man, joining this forum is causing problems. Bought three knives in the last month, now this happens. Thanks a lot guys... Haha!

I swear I will sell another knife if I buy this one...:D

Hell yeah, I love the jade g10 because it takes the rit dye job better than any other color g10. Hell yeah purple rit dye m4 para!!!!! My dreams are realized. I have a cerakote purple para but the coating kind of kills the texture. I'm so excited for this one.

Good point! I'm not particularly attracted to jade G10, but if easily dyeable then this just got taken up two notches!
Incredible value already! Woooot! :thumbup:

I see the KW sprints flying off the shelves mainly because it's a Para 2

History has proven that the Para2 sells like magic, nothing else compares. At the price point and quantity to be produced, the CF version might not completely sell out immediately, or it might. I haven't read yet how many of the G10 will be produced, but they will probably sell quickly. We'll see. I'm real curious how long it will take for these to hit the market. The recent orange and green sprints took a long time, so did the CF/S90V version of the Manix 2 XL. It very well could be a year before these hit the market, or it could be a few weeks. It could be that one of them comes out in a few weeks and the other a year later.

The jade is kinda ugly IMO.. Still want one though! M4 at that price is a steal esp compared the KW's CF model

When will they announce the release date?

The jade is kinda ugly IMO.. Still want one though! M4 at that price is a steal esp compared the KW's CF model

When will they announce the release date?

It's a sort of esoteric taste. I really like it. By the way, Spyderco has done this at least once in the past - the Leafstorm used "neutral" or "jade green" uncolored G10.

Twice today I have jumped up in my chair when I see the email "bladehq para exclusive"... Then sadly realizing it's the notification for this thread and not the "in stock" email..... Lol!

I don't get why BHQ can't give us at least a date, if not a date and a time.

Please, allow me to know when I should start hitting F5 on the product page.
I hate this guessing game crap. Really not looking forward to waking up one morning to find out they went live at 8:00am Mountain time and I never got any email about it and now they're sold out and I never had a chance.

I'm right there with you Rasco. My email is junk via my phone. Sometimes,they don't show up for 12 hours after they were sent. That pretty much puts me out of the ball game. I have dreams of trying to open a knife shop and if it happens I will need a good sprint run to get me going. If my dreams come true, I will make sure there are enough pieces that everyone who actually cares about the PM2 will get one. I just don't understand these 1200 piece runs. They could really make some bank with double or triple that number even if it took a month to sell them as opposed to selling out in 5 minutes. I mean yall supposed to be smarter than me now!

Yeah at least technically there is no limit to the number of runs an exclusive can be reordered by the dealer. Sprints on the other had are one and done.

I hate this guessing game crap. Really not looking forward to waking up one morning to find out they went live at 8:00am Mountain time and I never got any email about it and now they're sold out and I never had a chance.

Because Spyderco can't give BHQ date for a knife that is months away.

That's a great idea! The blade and handles will both develop a patina that way.

Had an M4 Military with jade handles and imho jade looks better with a blade without patina. Grey and grey will be nice as well :D

The date and times of these dealer exclusive releases are determined by Spyderco..not BHQ or KW's or BBS.

The dealers can only pass along the information as they get it from Spyderco.

I've heard that the wait/lead time for some of these steels from the foundry can be very long. M390 being a prime example.

Another run of the BBS Blue M390 Para2 has been scheduled for a couple of years now and they still don't know when they are getting them.

Last edited:
The date and times of these dealer exclusive releases are determined by Spyderco..not BHQ or KW's or BBS.

The dealers can only pass along the information as they get it from Spyderco.

I've heard that the wait/lead time for some of these steels from the foundry can be very long. M390 being a prime example.

Another run of the BBS Blue M390 Para2 has been scheduled for a couple of years now and they still don't know when they are getting them.

So when the knives leave Spyderco and ship to the dealers, there's no tracking information provided, no information of any kind about when the knives are expected to arrive?
The dealers just sit there in the dark until they happen to check their mail one day and, "oh look!, knives.".?

This being a BHQ exclusive, I'd have guessed that they'd have some information about when they expect these to arrive in Utah.
Spyderco doesn't shoot a quick email to whatever dealer has contracted the exclusive run to say "hey, we're starting on your knives" or anything like that? I wouldn't have imagined that.

Back