BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

Got an email from BHQ. Doesn't pertain to this knife though. Got me excited for a second, then nervous I missed it, then relieved. Oh, first world problems.

Me too, but it kinda just backs up my point even more.
The timestamp on my email about the Kershaw Launch 1 being back in stock is 4:56am...

I saw the Launch 1 up on New Arrivals last night while I was still at work, so I know the email notification didn't arrive in my inbox until hours after it was posted.

So, hypothetically, if I had wanted to buy it, and I wasn't checking the site every couple of hours on an ongoing basis, it could have sold out between when it was posted and when I got the notification. Probably 12 hours, maybe more, in between it going up and me getting the email.

:grumpy::thumbdn:

Dunno how their system works, but it would be nice if the email notifications were tied in some way to the knife "going live" on the site.
Right now, it seems the two are only loosely connected. Like a person is manually sending out these emails...?

Wasn't trying to back up your point[emoji6] Just being light hearted about it. Not to mention BHQ said they would give a few days notice. So my roller coaster of emotions was really unwarranted anyway.

I think it'd be fine if you dried it off right away, might give it a slight patina but you probably wouldn't even notice it once it's oiled.

I think it'd be fine if you dried it off right away, might give it a slight patina but you probably wouldn't even notice it once it's oiled.
Especially if you soaked it with the blade out at 90° and the water only deep enough to cover the scales.

Depends on how bad one wanted it dyed. ;)

You would have to disassemble the knife for that. :(

You can boil the S30V version without taking it apart first but an M4 blade wouldn't respond well to that.

Especially with the salt that the dye usually recommends adding to the dye bath.

Though I own a few, I feel I'm still a little new to Sprint runs. Should we expect that these going to sell out in a matter of minutes, hours or days?

I'm torn between the two upcoming M4 PM2 runs. I see a lot more excitement around the Jade G10, which does not surprise me at all given the price difference, but I really don't know what to expect in terms of timing and the ability to get one from the original vendor. Frankly, I think I may try to get both, because I like variety and both of these models appeal to me. That said though. I'm not sure I'm willing to fork over a premium on the secondary market.

Though I own a few, I feel I'm still a little new to Sprint runs. Should we expect that these going to sell out in a matter of minutes, hours or days?

I'm torn between the two upcoming M4 PM2 runs. I see a lot more excitement around the Jade G10, which does not surprise me at all given the price difference, but I really don't know what to expect in terms of timing and the ability to get one from the original vendor. Frankly, I think I may try to get both, because I like variety and both of these models appeal to me. That said though. I'm not sure I'm willing to fork over a premium on the secondary market.

If the advance notification actually happens like they're saying it will, it will be a matter of minutes.

How does M4 stack up against the other sprint runs, does it hold the longest edge?
Not sure that it has the 'best' edge retention, but it certainly has a good reputation on these and other forums. Judging from the posts, it sure seems to be one one of the most anticipated sprint runs since I've been lurking around here.

I do have CPM M4 with my Gayle Bradley and I'm pleased with it. Not that I've pushed it to the limit or anything, but do far it seems to hold up well in my use.

Here's a link to Ankerson's steel edge testing thread for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...based-on-Edge-Retention-cutting-5-8-quot-rope

CPM-M4 holds it's own well. It's similar to Cruwear in toughness. It will rust, but takes a nice patina.

Yes, that Phil Wison in m4 he recently tested is mine. The steel holds a working edge about like s90v or s110v. What i enjoy about it though is it seems to hold a very sharp (hair popping) edge longer than either one of those. Relatively easy steel to sharpen too considering the performance you get.

I've noticed that too. M4 really seems to hold that keen edge longer, then degrades to it's working edge. It's great stuff as long as you don't put it away wet.

Yes, that Phil Wison in m4 he recently tested is mine. The steel holds a working edge about like s90v or s110v. What i enjoy about it though is it seems to hold a very sharp (hair popping) edge longer than either one of those. Relatively easy steel to sharpen too considering the performance you get.

I've noticed that too. M4 really seems to hold that keen edge longer, then degrades to it's working edge. It's great stuff as long as you don't put it away wet.

That's been my experience too. Really, my only knock against it is that it's not a true stainless.

Back