Blast Flipper

Great job on that one Ray. Just a really nice all-round design. I must confess I cant see much difference between the first and the second one, but if you say its better then it must be. All's I know is I want one!

I definatley like the slight modifications, liked the first one too. Don't think you will have problems selling that one! For that matter, if your name is on it you won't have any problems selling it.

Hi Ray,
I rekon the new version looks spot on. Any chance of a Laconico folder WIP in the future? Id love to see how "MR CLEAN" does it.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!
Matt

I'll put my name on the spine on this one.

Matt I'll try to take pictures as I go along and put the progress here on this thread. Probably won't do any work on it today though. Check back tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Do you do your designs on CAD software? And do you have the initial parts CNC'd, or do you cut them out manually?

Thinking about getting into knife making, and was wondering how you do it :)

Do you do your designs on CAD software? And do you have the initial parts CNC'd, or do you cut them out manually?

Thinking about getting into knife making, and was wondering how you do it :)

All of the knives that I've ever made as of now have been cut by hand.

I do plan on having just the blade and liners of this particular model waterjet cut but not CNC milled. The blades will still be ground by hand and scales, clip, backspacer cut by hand as well.

I'll put my name on the spine on this one.

Matt I'll try to take pictures as I go along and put the progress here on this thread. Probably won't do any work on it today though. Check back tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Thanks Ray,

Ill look out for it!

This is a great looking design. I am curious as to the price myself. I've been holding off on things like the ZT offerings and this appeals to me much more.

I will probably price these at somewhere around $500 but I won't know exactly until I get one done. Thank you all for your comments.

Just don't make the flipper sharp where it sticks out by the index finger or it might be a bit uncomfortable. I would also keep the "jimping" on the flipper on the DL too so it's easy to play with and won't hurt the hand. What kind of bearings are you adding? Roller Thrust bearings? IKBS?

It looks like a winner to me. I hope you make a lot more of them.

Just perfect !
Sorry, but I am newly active on this forum, so maybe it is a silly question: do you PM people interested by buying a knife or do you just post your knives for selling and the first "I buy" gets it ?
Thanks and congratulations for your fine work.
Bob.

OMG!!!!! I want one!!! My Blast lives up to its name. It flies open and is soooo comfortable. I simply can't image how awesome this will be because my non-flipper blast is simply amazing.

Thanks guys. I've been real busy with a lot of stuff but I finally got a chance to finish the prototype. I really like it. It works great. I think I'll be making some with washers and some with bearings. This one has washers and it flips really nice. Should be even better with bearings.

b1-3.jpg

Back