Born Again Maher & Grosh

I opted for just the two - 'tis all I could justify at the time. They are very fine knives. I love the jigged bone and that classic etch and though the half stops kind of surprised me (given that previous 35s did not have them), these are a big winner for GEC and M&G. Overall, they are really fantastic knives and represent that extra cut above most production level traditional slipjoints.

tTkAuFK.jpg

XEyRsei.jpg

I have a very modest M&G collection so it was pretty easy to gather them all in one place for a family shot.

ngYh9AL.jpg
I just love GEC's wavy pick bone jigging. I bought the two bones. I wanted all four , but I needed to save for the GEC#74 Mustang run. I canceled my Seth Borries custom order fixed blade knife. Then my called dealer called my and said that I could only pre-order one. I was not amused ! He did allow me to pre-order two #74's me and my GEC ended up selling me all four choices. Two buyers dropped out ! I ended scoring seven #74s. The 2020 AAPK club knife stole the show. I turn down a second black plum , I did not want to be a hog.

Last edited:
2020 GEC Production numbers Maher & Grosh #35 Indian Trapper **** 106pieces Antique Yellow wavy pick bone jigging **** 77pieces Cocobolo wood ***** 100pieces ebony wood *** 101pieces Smooth Appaloosa bone

Last edited:

tmd_87

Gold Member
My first Maher & Grosh. Walk and talk is great. Snappier then my stag Northfield, just a tad snappier on the sheepsfoot than my Tidoute version. I really like the covers as well. Not a lot of coloring, it's almost like smooth white bone.
xDOCXO2.jpg

Last edited:
Native XF ad, Below bottom BC