Bounced Email Group / Policy

Dan Gray said:
how would you know who's mail is not working?

When members get sent email telling them there's a new message in a thread they have subscribed to, and their email account does not work, the message gets bounced back to Bladeforums. Bladeforums is getting flooded with bounced email. That is what this is all about....

Cougar Allen said:
When members get sent email telling them there's a new message in a thread they have subscribed to, and their email account does not work, the message gets bounced back to Bladeforums. Bladeforums is getting flooded with bounced email. That is what this is all about....

what a dummy .. I should have picked that one up..:eek:
sorry..and Thanks

Spark,
I have been trying to join and send you MONEY! I want to upgrade but the system keeps kicking it back.
I have sent several emails but have not gotten an answer.

When I originally registered I was using some new (to me) form fill software. It entered my email address for the user name. :eek: The system would not accept the profile, and I could not log in on that profile. I then had to re-register and used my wife email address. When I tried to change my email address on my new working profile it tells me that another member already has that email address & won't let me change it.
Can you please delete the old profile under the name dalervincent@comcast.net ?
My correct email is dalervincent@comcast.net

If you need to contact me please do so at dalervincent@comcast.net

Please help me spend my hard earned money on your site!

Thanks,
Dale

Log out, then log in to the dalervincent@comcast.net account and change the email address for that account. You have to change it to an address that works so you can confirm the change, but you can use a throwaway address at yahoo or whatever -- not hotmail and not verizon, but anything else will do.

You'll get an email telling you how to confirm the change. Once you've done that you can log out of that account and log in to your new account and change the email address on that one. It probably sounds complicated but it should only take a few minutes. :cool:

Thanks, but it won't let me log into the dalervincent@comcast.net profile. It says: You have entered an invalid username or password.
I have requested a new pass word and tried it but it still won't let me log in!
Hopefully someone will respond to my emails to Forum Administrator????

As I've tried to fiqure out what is going on here. (I've come to the conclusion I can't btw.)I'm not subscribed to any discussions or groups so there should never have been a problem. The email I have entered in my profile is current and I've never had a dead mail account as far as I know.

My requests for clarification and ways to correct the situation have proven unsuccessful. I rarely posted at any rate though I enjoyed the reading and did pick up a tip or two. I read the forums for relaxation, gaining knowledge and the shared enjoyment and great sense of humour shared by many. Not to be frustrated over forum policy and procedures.

and having to establish a new email account that I'm never going to use is such a waste and CP still shows me as invalid.

Spark said:
Here's the deal folks -

Too many of you are using subscriptions to threads and not having a working email address in your profile - either your email address is no longer valid, or you are over your mailbox quota, or your mail system sucks. As a result, we get bounced emails in our mailbox, wasting my time.

Edited...I have fixed it, I think...I hadn't checked the boxes to receive e-mail in the options sections. SORRY. P.

Spark, I can't get e-mail...I checked my user cp and my address is correct. I get e-mail from other sources, but I'm just barely 'comfuter' literate.

What do I have to do to adjust or fix it:confused: Sorry for any trouble I've caused and thanks for any help or suggestions. Preston

QuietOneD, dunno what your issue is. Start a new thread, you aren't listed as a Bounced Email person.

Pjsjr - you aren't listed as a bounced email either.

A few weeks ago, my email went down for a day or two. I had it up and running again, but in the meantime anybody who emailed me got the mailer-daemon "bounced" email...

So, had this policy been in place, I would have been banned (since I regularly subscribe to threads) that same day
insult to injury.

Any way around this hangup?

Kevin
I know it's your site but

I will say when some of us pay $50.00 to help out here that is a bad fix and bad PR to have our stuff dumped like that don't you think? it's not our fault if the server going down at times... right now I'm having problems with a good email that has been working all week with no problems .
I'm locked out of my account of like 6 years,,the listing dumped
with no response from you
Kevin , I did what was asked and even changed
my email and I didn't get the confirmation email to get back in to my account,,, so I registered an other account using the same email and got the email ok to log on to the new one,, it's working so tell me what the problem is now... email me at dangray@knivesby.com the one that I've used for years with out a problem
and lets is if it's it's ok or not? like I can't ch my MP's because I can't get back to them :(

"Dan Gray" is not in the "BOUNCED EMAIL" or "users awaiting email confirmation" category. You're showing as a Platinum Member in good standing, and the email address in your profile is the knivesby address. :confused:

I sent Dan a private message saying emails to him were bouncing. The bounced emails were subscription notices saying that people had responded in threads he'd subscribed to. I asked him to fix his email address. He changed it to another knivesby address which, suprise, bounced the confirmation emails as well. :rolleyes:

Folks, if your server is rejecting mail sent to you by us, then naturally I'm going to delete your thread subscriptions. You aren't getting the notifications, so why should I wade through your bounced emails?

NOOOO. I changed it to mail@grayknives.com

Kevin you got email...also I was getting the notifications that's the kicker though I don't think all of them..
I'm the dumbest guy here,, lets start with that OK?..

the email addy I'm using for this account is the same one I changed the other account to. because you asked me to..on my reg account
.. I didn't get my email as I should have when I changed it
to mail@grayknives.com

I did get the confirmation by email ok with this temp account with the very same email address ,
I can't log on until I get that email right???

You can't have two accounts with the same email address, I can tell you that much. Beyond that, I'm getting more and more confused.... :confused:

thanks Coug
we got it fixed kind of.

Kevin
I know you sent me some stuf showing what happened, I'm at my rent untill
friday and my Host is telling me , I need the info that you are sent with the bounced mesage with your ISP all that stuff to put BFC in the white list on their server....

would you be so kind to email that to me here? PLEASE :eek: hopefully I won't have to bother you again , I would have e-mailed this to you but I don't have your yahoo email here to use .. I'm 114 miles away from the other puter.

I know what a PITA:eek:

Spark

I am getting a notice that I can't post because I don't have a registered email address. I have been a registered member for 4 1.2 years-over 4 years as a paid member-and have had the same email address the whole time. When I check my profile, it shows the correct address.

I am getting a notice that I can't post

And yet you seem to have posted.... :confused:

You're not in the Bounced Email group now. Whatever the problem was, it seems to be fixed.

Back