• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Boye blade blank..

I have aBoye blade blank in dendritic cobalt I want ground. Does anybody do this kind of work? I prefer to finish the handle myself. Thanks.View attachment 272403View attachment 272404View attachment 272402View attachment 272403View attachment 272404View attachment 272402
Relatively, the cast that Boye does is just about finished ! Just some extra burrs and the blade itself looks almost ground! From what I can see, just needs to be polished anbd sharpened!. Can't belive this is hard to do. I just do not have the tools to do this myself. Take alook guys!!

Last edited:
What kind of grind do you want?

Hollow grind if possible on cobalt. I was told flat grind is best on talonite or cobalt.

My specialty is full convex.

Actually, the way Boye casts his blades, they are almost in a finished stage. The blade is really like rough ground and needs just a finishing. I can send you a pic and you will see. Looks just need to be polished and sharpened.

Back