Bri in Chi is gone.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Bri in Chi...aka Brian Katz, my brother-in-law...passed away Sunday night following a long bout with cancer.

Those who knew Brian will not be surprised that he failed to mention his illness in his postings over the past few months, nor that he wanted no fuss made upon his death. If you wish, you can send a donation in his name to: Northwestern Memorial Home Hospice, 670 St. Clair St. (Ste 720), Chicago, Il, 60611.

I will miss his friendship very much.

dantastic4

We've lost another of the good guys.

Smoke for Brian's journey, and for those left behind.

Thanks for passing that on, dan.

I am stunned...

I really enjoyed working with him on some of his projects.

Such a kind hearted man. I really wish I had known.

I have no claim on him, but I sure wish he had said something.

:(

I will miss him, and miss what I could have known about him, and created with him.

This is brutal.

Tom

I am VERY sorry to hear this. Brian's work was inspiring. I got a LOT of patient guidance and help from him.

My prayers are with him, you (Dan) and your family.

Man, I only had one interaction/transaction with him (I sold him a knife), but he was great to deal with, and very cool. Sad to hear.

I am terribly sorry to hear it. My condolences to the family. He was one of the good guys, and we will miss him.

I had the pleasure to meet Brian twice and I truly enjoyed him. I wondered why he hadn't been posting much.

I'm really sad because he was such a friendly and funny guy:thumbup:

From left to Right

Bri Chi, Dave Rishar, Nasty, Me, Thomas Linton, Big Bob, and Roadrunner.

A truly nice khukri fan is gone from us:(

kk.jpg

I am saddened by this news. Prayers for family and friends left behind, sent from SC.

Eric

I'm so sad to hear this:( He really was one of the good guys.

My sincere condolences to you and yours.

:( I also met Brian in person twice at the khukuri conventions at Nasty's house. This is hard news to take. He was just a nice man, plain and simple. He showed us how to make a traditional scabbard at the last convention and then gave me the one he made as a demo to go with one of the 12" sirupatis I was trying to rehandle at the time. He wouldn't let me pay for it, he said he just wanted it to go where it would be used. I wish I had known and had a chance to say goodbye. RIP friend.

This is a shock... yet another Good Guy gone to cancer.

Vaya con Dios, Bri. :(

Mike

Brian was my friend.

He liked mysteries.

His white shepherd dog came from a Katrina rescue. His brain-dead hound dog was a Chicago Humane Society dog. :)

I hate the fact of his death.:(

Kis
enjoy every sandwich

Very sorry to hear it. This is such a close-knit family, I can see how losing a member is felt by so many.

I'm new to this forum, & I didn't know Brian, but my condolences go out to all . . .

thx - cpr

Back