Britain's knife laws... Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not realized how irrational the knife laws in Great Britain had become. They literally banned "Zombie Knives". What makes it even worse, is that even their possession in their own dwellings, is illegal. Very stiff jail sentences can follow for having one. I would hate to be a knife collector over there... I mean, in that regard, it's even worse than our own New York City.
Their freedom of speech has been highly restricted too, (read, they really don't have freedom of speech).
Heck, this knife post would likely get me in trouble over there. We are talking the land where some of the finest pocket and Bowie knives were made for America, with Britain being home of Sheffield... Wow!

If someone deems this political it's likely to get you in trouble here too (albeit not legal). :p

But yea... I have a feeling we're on the verge of things get stricter all around. :(

Well they made it hard on guns with their laws and now eveybody's using blades now for their assaults/attacks or selfdefense on people. Take away their blades and now they will probably use a club, rock, bat. tire tool, vehicle, ect, ect. If people decide to kill or injure someone they will use whatever is at hand including their hands. People kill people in the end regardless of the method or weapon involved. If someone is going to attack or kill they will find a way or method. Dumb laws anyway.

Once they restrict gun ownership, they can systematically restrict whatever the #$@& they want to...

Here in the U.S. the fourth amendment is already waning, the 1st is under heavy scrutiny, and the 2nd is constantly under attack. If the 2nd shall fall, so too shall the rest, just like dominos...
Que the - "but that would never happen here" rebuttals.

Motorcycle gangs used to carry ball peen hammers to skirt weapon laws. There is no limit to the creativity of mankind in regards to violence.

British law definition of ball peen hammer...

A deadly weapon of choice used by Motorcycle gangs.
Having a hardened steel head that can be used to hit and kill people with... Deadly, menacing... Banned! ;)

I had not realized how irrational the knife laws in Great Britain had become. They literally banned "Zombie Knives". What makes it even worse, is that even their possession in their own dwellings, is illegal. Very stiff jail sentences can follow for having one. I would hate to be a knife collector over there... I mean, in that regard, it's even worse than our own New York City.
Their freedom of speech has been highly restricted too, (read, they really don't have freedom of speech).
Heck, this knife post would likely get me in trouble over there. We are talking the land where some of the finest pocket and Bowie knives were made for America, with Britain being home of Sheffield... Wow!
I am replying prior to reading all of the comments, so this could have been posted already but; That is the difference between "subjects" and "citizens".

That being said, this probably belongs in the political arena.

On the other hand, it caused a host of "UK legal" knives to sprout up (i.e slip joints with blades under 3"). Creativity always finds a way and the knife market is not dead by far. Ok, I'm optimistic because that's my niche... No, I'm lying : my go to knife in the kichen is currently a 10" gyuto. Using a big blade is incredibly fun ! This said, what about those horrifyingly agressive kitchen and butcher knives ? Need to be a certified cook or butcher to own one ?

Citizens of the UK can vote so this is what they want out of their government when they want different they’ll vote that way. I like the new knives that have been coming out because of the changing knife laws.

Motorcycle gangs used to carry ball peen hammers to skirt weapon laws. There is no limit to the creativity of mankind in regards to violence.

Heck, CM was carrying one of these back about 8 years ago...he made a pretty cool video (back when his hair was long :D ), which prompted me to start carrying a 4 lb. mini sledge with a custom 12" hickory shaft (which I still carry to this day). :cool:

Once they restrict gun ownership, they can systematically restrict whatever the #$@& they want to...

Here in the U.S. the fourth amendment is already waning, the 1st is under heavy scrutiny, and the 2nd is constantly under attack. If the 2nd shall fall, so too shall the rest, just like dominos...
Que the - "but that would never happen here" rebuttals.

^ :thumbsup: I live on the Left Coast. I could personally give a damn about some law, that a gaggle of idiot's passed to serve their warped agenda. I carry what I want, when I want- period!

If someone deems this political it's likely to get you in trouble here too (albeit not legal).

Mark my word's: there WILL be, someone here on this forum, who will "deem this thread too political", & report it.

Last edited:
Mark my word's: there WILL be, someone here on this forum, who will "deem this thread too political", & report it.[/QUOTE]

Especially if you hammer on the political aspect instead of talking about knives... Sorry, but the knife aspect of this political matter is actually interesting : there are a lot of new knives appearing in the slipjoint department and that's a good thing, IMO, although they are small bladed. But small is beautiful as they say and I like to believe it !

... what about those horrifyingly agressive kitchen and butcher knives ? Need to be a certified cook or butcher to own one ?
Yes.
Look at the knife laws in China. It is illegal to carry any knife there of any blade length, be it a slipjoint, locking blade, or fixed blade. Unless it is necessary for your job, you can't have it.
The Chinese may make a lot of knives, but they can't own one.

(I have a friend who relocated his business from Tampa, FL, to China.
It is illegal for him to carry even a peanut pattern in his pocket.)

And this definitely sucks ! Not carrying is a thing, not even be allowed to own, that's beyond stupid ! If this permeates over to France, I will absolve a butcher training for sure ! Got to abide by the laws of your country, that's all. And well, we have a saying : "Not seen, not caught..." I don't recommend, just saying. From someone who carries always at least three or four folders and fixed blades in his pockets. It's forbidden but I can't help it. I'm not bad, I've just been drawn that way (and I look like Santa Claus...).

If someone is going to attack or kill they will find a way or method. Dumb laws anyway.
Not me. I'll ALWAYS rely on my bad-ass pen knife. The stories it could tell!

Boker%25208828%2520Pen.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back