broken omega spring in benchmade mini griptillian?

Sometimes they've been folded in the box so long that happens. It came folded, right?

:D :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:
ive had it since christmas. and i ordered it custom from bm so i dont think that would happen

You're right.

That was actually an inside joke that will only be recognized by a handful of people here.

Sorry about that. Good luck with it. Brand new, huh?

oh, that makes sense lol. im gonna put a piece of tape on it that says "DO NOT SHARPEN" because i put a really nice edge on it and i dont wang them to ruin it :) hopefully they will take care of it and replace both omega springs. :)

oh, that makes sense lol. im gonna put a piece of tape on it that says "DO NOT SHARPEN" because i put a really nice edge on it and i dont wang them to ruin it :) hopefully they will take care of it and replace both omega springs. :)

Yeah, Tell them you want both replaced. That's too bad. Call or email them first and get it set up. What kind of custom did you have done on it? Is it a Gold or something?

Don't bother emailing Benchmade. I've never had them respond to any of my emails.

Give them a call and they'll fix your issue. It will probably take 2 weeks and they'll have it back to you.

Yeah, Tell them you want both replaced. That's too bad. Call or email them first and get it set up. What kind of custom did you have done on it? Is it a Gold or something?

i customized it with thier website and i chose what steel and color of handles and everything i wanted :)

Don't bother emailing Benchmade. I've never had them respond to any of my emails.

Give them a call and they'll fix your issue. It will probably take 2 weeks and they'll have it back to you.

hopefully it wont take too long to have my baby back. :)

That blows. Especially since it's a custom order. I feel for you.

How do the pictures show what is broken? The knife doesn't close, or open, or what?

Last edited:
Still works with one spring correct?

Not that it matters as it needs to be fixed....just curious. Thanks.

Not to hijack, but is this common with the Axis lock?

No. Just a handful compared to the total volume of Axis knives they sell. Search for other threads regarding omega springs. Most seem to fail due to corrosion on the spring. Keep the knife clean and lubed.
I own 10 BM axis knives, some over 10 years of EDC with no omega spring issues.

Still works with one spring correct?

Not that it matters as it needs to be fixed....just curious. Thanks.

Yes, it still works with one spring.

I had a 710 that I sold and one of the springs were broken. It still locked up but on the broken side, the Axis bar would droop by about a millimeter or so and there was slight up and down play. It still would not disengage though. If you pushed the bar up to where it should be (seriously only about a mm) the play was gone.

Also, if both are broken, you can still wedge something in there and it will lock up. Obviously not recommended but if you need the knife and you're in a pinch...

No. Just a handful compared to the total volume of Axis knives they sell. Search for other threads regarding omega springs. Most seem to fail due to corrosion on the spring. Keep the knife clean and lubed.
I own 10 BM axis knives, some over 10 years of EDC with no omega spring issues.

OK, thanks.

Back