Broken skull, how do ya'll like em?

I should note the g-10 scales are not overly thick or thin but if you do squeeze them they will flex.Unlike a Recon 1

I have to admit that I like my cs broken skull alot more than my endura.Blade opening and closings are just functionally easier.

I have the coyote g-10 version in Cts-xhp but I wouldn't mind a pink or blue one in s35vn from CS Christmas Sale for not all that much.The black dlc blade is nice and the pocket clip maybe a bit small but that doesn't bother me.

Can anyone verify which steel is used on the pink and blue Christmas Sale Broken Skull knives?

Thanks. I know that it is sold out, but I was curious about the steel. It is advertised as CTS XHP, and the blue is listed as S35VN on their Christmas Sale web site link, but as CTS XHP in their Christmas Sale mailer. I just wanted to know from someone who bought them which steel they received.

Last edited:
Thanks. I know that it is sold out, but I was curious about the steel. It is advertised as CTS XHP, and the blue is listed as S35VN. I just wanted to know from someone who bought them which steel they received.

I just received a blue one and it is S35VN

I bought myself one with the orange handles for Christmas.

I usually don't like light folders or thin handles. I like a folder with substance... lately I have been carrying an SR1.

However, the Broken Skull is amazing. I don't understand how such a thing handle can give my large sized hands such a great grip...but it does. Despite the light weight of the folder, it feels extremely solid. The blade, hands down, is the sharpest out of the box knife I have ever seen.

Highly recommend.

The pink one was definitely CTS XHP. I was looking at the blue one, as well ($50!!). Despite the great price, I just can't get past the black blade.:(

The pink one was definitely CTS XHP. I was looking at the blue one, as well ($50!!). Despite the great price, I just can't get past the black blade.:(

Those pink and blue g-10 broken skull knives are BASICALLY being given away.Also those dlc coated blades are actually very smooth and not textured.They do not abrade whatever is being cut.

Also,The deals just got sweeter

wJC9Cvp.jpg

Really like mine! I have the orange handle, CTS XHP version. It’s very light weight, virtually disappears in my pocket. I’m not a fan of the name, or the lettering on the blade, but those don’t affect performance at all. The shape reminds me of a very slimmed down version of the Schrade folding hunter of years ago, but much better lock and materials.

Really like mine! I have the orange handle, CTS XHP version. It’s very light weight, virtually disappears in my pocket. I’m not a fan of the name, or the lettering on the blade, but those don’t affect performance at all. The shape reminds me of a very slimmed down version of the Schrade folding hunter of years ago, but much better lock and materials.

^^Pretty much sums it up for me. The only thing I can add is that they have a thin tip, like Buck 110 thin. A minor point (ha) for knife with a cutting pedigree, just something to be aware of.

Any opinions on which is the better steel, CTS-XHP or S35VN?

There's a big thread here in this section if you look, but consider Cold Steel chose XHP over S35vn until they ran into trouble getting it in the needed sizes. Clearly CS thought XHP is the better steel (but S35vn fine).

Good strong lock, slicy grind, Cold Steel ruggedness and durability with a trademark very tight clip and an obnoxious name splattered on the side of the blade. Overall a winner, just wish the produced a sterile version.

Back