Brother Knives

I'm really liking the Brother line with the carbon fiber handles. Good steel (VG10), well made and beautiful handles. Two lock backs and two slip joints with a variety of blades- all single blade knives. I like the modern touch to traditional patterns too. I just got a Brother sodbuster in 440c that is really nice too. I haven't had a chance to photograph that one yet. Has anyone picked up any of the other Brother models? Any recommendations?

brother01.jpg
brother02.jpg
brother03.jpg
brother04.jpg
brother05.jpg
brother06.jpg

I'm really liking the Brother line with the carbon fiber handles. Good steel (VG10), well made and beautiful handles. Two lock backs and two slip joints with a variety of blades- all single blade knives. I like the modern touch to traditional patterns too. I just got a Brother sodbuster in 440c that is really nice too. I haven't had a chance to photograph that one yet. Has anyone picked up any of the other Brother models? Any recommendations?

brother01.jpg
brother02.jpg
brother03.jpg
brother04.jpg
brother05.jpg
brother06.jpg
Nice. What are the closed lengths of the lockbacks?

These look interesting and well-finished. Not a big fan of carbon-fibre generally but it suits these, are there other scale options too?

Thanks, Will

I have the 1503 and although my current interests lie elsewhere, I would not hesitate to buy another Brother knife if the mood ever struck me. I wouldn't swear by it but I'm pretty sure I've seen the 1503 offered in Smooth White Bone as well.
IMG_5797.JPGIMG_5798.JPGIMG_5801.JPGIMG_5803.JPG

Nice. What are the closed lengths of the lockbacks?
Just under 4 inches. The blade is 3 1/4.
These look interesting and well-finished. Not a big fan of carbon-fibre generally but it suits these, are there other scale options too?
The VG10 steel line comes in white bone too, but they have some very nice micarta ones in 440c in other patterns. They have a low end line in 420a too. You can see all of the styles they make in their online store... https://knifecenter.aliexpress.com/store/4567049?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4e25478fr6KLpD I buy them on Amazon though because ordering from their store takes 5-6 weeks to ship.

I had the Zulu spear lock back version (160? Model—can’t recall the whole number) in green micarta. It was very well made with sharp vg10 steel. The micarta was nice and grippy and not that glassy finish I had on a rough rider, which was in a similar price point.

Tell me about this aliexpress and Alibaba Group. Are they the ones out of Alabama?

They say that the company that makes these knives might be the same one that makes the rough Ryder reserves.

Very tempting. Now to decide the 1507 carbon fiber or the 1509 white bone. 1/8" difference and the white bone appears to have a broader blade. Normally I'd go with the black and I've been wanting a nice carbon fiber. This being a new year I think I should try something new and go with the white bone but I'm still not sure. Someone give me a push to one side of the fence or the other. 6175Rv-ShlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg61G7ZbmzfJL._AC_SY1000_.jpgAmazon photos.

Very tempting. Now to decide the 1507 carbon fiber or the 1509 white bone. 1/8" difference and the white bone appears to have a broader blade. Normally I'd go with the black and I've been wanting a nice carbon fiber. This being a new year I think I should try something new and go with the white bone but I'm still not sure. Someone give me a push to one side of the fence or the other. View attachment 1714004View attachment 1714005Amazon photos.
Difficult decision there, Alan.

I like the long pull on the 1507 but I like the Rat Tail bolster on the 1509. If I were deciding between those two, I would look for closed pictures of each one. Pinchability is important to me. Chances are, they can both be pinched open easily but I would try to find some closed pics first and then decide. I would probably choose the 1507 in Carbon Fiber as long as it looked pinchable.

Back